1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

peragon retractable cover ??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bizjettech, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Jan 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM
    bizjettech

bizjettech [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    peragon retractable cover.....not much comes up in a search

Saw a few on some members trucks. However, if you go on their web site and plug in 2011 DCSB into the application chart it say they dont make one to fit it.
    But, I saw them on trucks on the forum......whats up with that?

Can anyone with this cover on a DCSB throw up their thoughts on this cover and post a few pics?

2. Jan 1, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    smyrly

smyrly Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    I don't have one, but I did contact them directly and they said they don't make one for the 05+ because the rails get in the way. I had thought I saw one on here too, but can't find it in the search.

3. Jan 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    Father

Father Active Member

Member:
    For what it's worth...

I'm in the process of helping my father in law install one of these and I'm not impressed. They wanted to charge him about $2,100 for the cover and installation, which is absurd.

I saw this cover last time I was searching for options and thought it was interesting. The biggest appeal was that it didn't seem to take up as much room when retracted as the roll away cover.

Now, keep in mind I've never installed a bed cover so it's certainly possible I'm at fault. But here's my rundown on this up to this point:

1. Instructions are absolute crap. Great if you have a computer close by and can watch the install videos, but even those aren't fool proof.

2. Not enough info on where to bolt the brackets in. If it's ordered for a specific truck, the instructions should be specific to that truck.

3. It says to tape the rubber seals up... and for good reason. But getting the tape off after it's been tightened down is a trick to put it mildly.

4. Not too impressed with how it retracts. I'm sure this is partly due to our not being done installing it but it's not an even, smooth opening/closing by any stretch of the imagination.

I've owned to roll-away and loved it, but I think I had a 6 foot bed on the truck I had it on (Chevy S-10). I have a 5 foot bed on my Taco and by the time the roll away is in I'd give up another 1/2 to 1 foot of space.

Been looking at the Bakflip... the only down side is blocking the rearview window... but that's only if it's open that far, which I might not even do very often.

4. Jan 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM
    mytaco77

mytaco77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 dbsb 4x4 TRD
    i had this on my gen 1 tundra and i did not like it at all. i really dont like the design. it felt like it didn't align correctly and it's weird how you collapse it down. do yourself a favor get the other one. i know its a little bit more but you'll be happier in the end.

5. Jan 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    NEAScott

NEAScott Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Toledo, Oh
    Vehicle:
    2014 Chevrolet Impala Limited
    I don't sell the brand, and I would have to say that I am glad. I don't care if Peragon offered to pay my truck payment just to use their cover .. I would decline. There are better covers out there.

6. Jan 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    CajunBug73

CajunBug73 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Milwaukee, WI
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Base Single Cab
    Hey Ya'll! I haven't seen any posts on suction cup marks on front windshield problems sooo....I'm sure the marks from the cups are from the factory but I'm not sure how to get them out! Help! Thanks.

7. Jan 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    Father

Father Active Member

Member:
    Finished the install today... nothing in the directions kept us from redoing something three different times.

It still doesn't open smooth and easy.
    I saw this video after we had it in... and laughed out loud. It doesn't open or close nearly that well.

Again, it might be a screw up on our part, but I wouldn't want this thing on my truck on a bet. Definitely better products out there.

Products Discussed in

To Top