Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What antenna do you have on your Tacoma?

View Poll Results: What size antenna is on your Tacoma?
Stock 1,037 69.60%
Aftermarket, 24" or over 15 1.01%
Aftermarket, between 12" and 24" 187 12.55%
Aftermarket, 12" or less 251 16.85%
Voters: 1490. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #21
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
I am curious on the reception of those with stubby antennas, especially the ones from cravenspeed.com. My power antennas just went out and I am going to replace it with a non-powered antenna. I do live in the a major city, so for day to day driving it is not an issue, but for road trips or off-roading...
Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #22
davelac will become famous soon enough
davelac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
I am curious on the reception of those with stubby antennas, especially the ones from cravenspeed.com. My power antennas just went out and I am going to replace it with a non-powered antenna. I do live in the a major city, so for day to day driving it is not an issue, but for road trips or off-roading...
I've noticed some degradation in some stations with my Cravenspeed, but not on all that I tune in to. Depends on the location around town. I usually listen to other stuff and not over-the-air broadcasts. I keep my stock antenna in the cab so I could swap it out.

The Cravenspeed is a textured solid metal antenna, not flexible. Looks quite nice in my opinion. I may try to do the S2000 mod if I end up listening to more FM in the near future.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody tried a "big stick"? Supposed to be better reception than stock... The black one wouldn't be bad.

http://www.autoanything.com/chrome-a...A5000A0A0.aspx
Old 01-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #24
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I have the stubby ebay one and in Phoenix it has no issues. I have heard a few people saying in more rural area's it doesn't work so good.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #25
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have a black stubby antenna on mine. I believe its a 13 inch. I got rid of the stock one cause it kept hitting my garage door whenever I pulled the truck in or out cause of my lift. Here is an older picture of my truck with it on.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
14" from shortyantennasource
Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
AntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to behold

AntennaX's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't recommend anything shorter than 13 inches as reception is really degraded. That has been our experience over the past 10 years in business and is why we dont sell anything shorter than 13 inches.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #29
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
SICKSPEED
Carbon Fiber Antenna
Old 01-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #30
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
SICKSPEED
Carbon Fiber Antenna
Old 01-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #31
Herp & Derp
1904Tacoma is on a distinguished road

1904Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntennaX View Post
I wouldn't recommend anything shorter than 13 inches as reception is really degraded. That has been our experience over the past 10 years in business and is why we dont sell anything shorter than 13 inches.
I just ordered my 13 inch antenna...cant wait...after 1 antenna loss in the carwash and another from stupidness...
Old 01-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #32
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiostaco View Post
Yep I just pulled the ball off the end and cut it down. then put the ball back on and rattle canned it. Still good reception now I don't hit it on branches and other shiz
Nice! That thought never even crossed my mind. I will have to do this.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #33
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
Going to the stubby. Mine always works loose.

mine too, drives me crazy
Old 01-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #34
clcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to behold
clcoyle's Tacoma Gallery
Going to have to get a new one
Old 01-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #35
AntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to behold

AntennaX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
looks nice, but why even put one on at all if you get no reception?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #36
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
People still listen to the radio?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #37
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to go with a billet powdercoated 6" stubby, but after looking into it I may get a 12-13" flexible antenna. They still look good and will be more durable and less taxing on the base than the solid steel one...
Old 01-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #38
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
SICKSPEED
Carbon Fiber Antenna

I want to see more pic's of your hood I've been checking out a carbon fiber hood for awhile but they cost so damn much.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #39
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
My antenna:

Old 01-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #40
Turning the knob from H2 to H4/L4
Poke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to all

Poke Tako's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
SICKSPEED
Carbon Fiber Antenna
I What antenna do you have on your Tacoma?-imgres-2.jpeg the Antenna and Hood.

Products Discussed in this Thread