Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What antenna do you have on your Tacoma?

View Poll Results: What size antenna is on your Tacoma?
Stock 1,035 69.60%
Aftermarket, 24" or over 15 1.01%
Aftermarket, between 12" and 24" 187 12.58%
Aftermarket, 12" or less 250 16.81%
Voters: 1487. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #41
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know where to get an antenna cable/mount? After installing fiberglass fenders I don't want to drill into those for my antenna. I just want to unplug the stock cable and run a new one out to my bedrail against the cab.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:16 AM   #42
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Stay away from the stubby antennas( less than 12" ). Reception is shit on all of them regardles of what the manufacturer states. I have the stock antenna on my truck. If it ever breaks off then I will get a shorter than oem antenna
Old 01-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #43
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
Stay away from the stubby antennas( less than 12" ). Reception is shit on all of them regardles of what the manufacturer states. I have the stock antenna on my truck. If it ever breaks off then I will get a shorter than oem antenna
No issues on mine at all. I live in a major city, never had a single cut out yet.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #45
AntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to beholdAntennaX is a splendid one to behold

AntennaX's Tacoma Gallery
check out this option we sell:

http://antennax.com/p-124-hidden-ant...2003-2004.aspx
Old 01-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #46
BarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant future

BarefootBandit's Tacoma Gallery
Only you guys notice your antennas, nobody else does. Those stubby antennas will decrease your reception. You only don't notice because radio station transmitters are high powered and located in key areas. Drive into a rural area and you will have high SNR
Trust me on this, I have a couple of antennas

Old 01-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #48
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post

Cravenspeed Stubby FTW.
Me likey that one!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #49
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Me likey that one!
u should get one! haha. they changed them a bit since i got it, supposedly it was an improvement in the coating or something liddat. but mines still cherry 3 ish years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
the issue's are in the rural area's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
No issues on mine at all. I live in a major city, never had a single cut out yet.
when i was by my house, in a valley, some of the weaker stations wouldn't catch or would sound terrible. as soon as I would start to leave the valley the reception was about the same as stock. honestly, it's common sense. shorter antennae are going to have worse reception. this is much more of a cosmetic mod than a functional one. however, the loss was less than I had expected, and I was able to live with it. Now, IDGAF cuz i no more one analog radio lmao.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #51
trunk monkey
thatguy0o0 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Matt
thatguy0o0's Tacoma Gallery
I have done candy bar antennas and hidden them behind the dash before. That might be an option.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #52
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
Today I have one of those little stubby ones. Tomorrow I'm taking it off and putting a slightly chopped version of the stock one back on. Reception sucks with this thing.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #53
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Stubby
Attached Thumbnails
What antenna do you have on your Tacoma?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1325994818.550190.jpg  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #54
Muscles is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Master
Name: Kyle
Muscles's Tacoma Gallery
I got a stubby one mainly cuz i like the way it looks and i dont need it for reception purposes cuz i listen to Sirius XM
Old 01-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #55
Newhouse is on a distinguished road
Newhouse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
Going to the stubby. Mine always works loose.
Mine was always loose also. I nicked the second last thread on the antenna and reinstalled. It has not come loose since then.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #56
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know where to get an adapter to get the antenna to lay at 45* towards the window or even 90* (horizontal)? they make them for cbs but i wondered about antennas...
Old 01-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #58
jmf300 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
jmf300's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from Autozone. 13 inch Raptor brand $ 9.99 my friend who works there is always replacing his. The wife keeps losing them in car washes. His advice to me was to stay away from the rubber antennas their reception is not as good as steel.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #59
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so use to seeing my stock one. When I look at the pics of your guys stubbys, it makes me think yours is broken when its not.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #60
lil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant future

Name: Jacen
lil J's Tacoma Gallery
took my antenna off, keep it behind the seat for a weapon. Sattelite radio is the way to go

Products Discussed in this Thread