1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm doing something to save my Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GoDeacsWFU23, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Jan 3, 2012 at 9:41 PM
    boomer6

boomer6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Offroad
    disabled DRLs disabled seat belt chime disabled the key in the ignition with door open buzzer Installed Illuminated 4wd switch circuit board Marker lights Flashing with turn signals Toggle switch ABS Disable Fog Lights on AnyTime Mod Changed to Yellow bulbs in the Fog Lights Converted interior lights to leds Installed oem roof rack Installed Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags and Daystar Cradles for the air bags Added oil catch can Relentless Tailgate Protector installed
    Just drive the Tacoma and put a new engine it as was stated above when that one wears out.Most of them last many miles.You probably do mostly highway miles verse alot of stop and go in town type.Would think highway is alot easier on a vehicle. Replace engine or buy a new Tacoma when the present one wears out.As you said,You love your tacoma.so drive it.

2. Jan 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    platinumb

platinumb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR DC Supercharged
    supercharger, focal/jl audio sound system, trd cat back
    I drive a few more miles a month than that I too wanted a vehicle that was cheaper to drive and kept miles off the taco, so for work I drive a Camry se v6 it gets 29mpg combined and I add Kiel's like crazy. I now only drive the Tacoma for work if there is over 6" of snow.

Products Discussed in

To Top