Notices

OME 885, 886, or eibach coils

Old 01-04-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
Mickdizzle is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Matt
Mickdizzle's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885, 886, or eibach coils

I am just looking for my best option on a coil for my '12 tacoma. I am going to install height adjustable bilsteins all around and I am trying to find a coil that will support the bumper that i am possibly going to put on in the future. I just don't want to have something too stiff on there and sacrifice the ride too much.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Well it will be stiff. Not too bad tho. How much weight are you going to add. If its around 100 do the 885s and keep the 5100 set at .85 DO NOT SET THEM ANY HIGHER. The rear 5100 do not add lift so you will need an aal or block.

If you get the 886 it will be stiffer then the 885 but they hold more weight. And with the 886 the 5100 have to be set at 0.

With both set ups you will also need new UCA also.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
Army:
I am getting a 2" AAL in the rear. If i get the 885's and set at zero it will raise my front 2" won't it?
Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you will get just about that. Maybe lil less with the weight of the new bumber.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
How much weight do you want to add and how much lift do you want after the weight is added?

Eibachs are stiff, they have a 620 #/in rating and give you 1.6" of lift with 5100's at 0 and just under 2.5" when you set the 5100's at .85. They'll sag a little under the load of a plate bumper but are stiff enough to handle the weight.

885's I believe are 588 #/in and will give you about 2.5" of lift unloaded, 3" if you use a top plate spacer with them. I wouldn't preload the 885's.

886's are 656 #/in and are made to give you close to 3" of lift with 200+ lbs hanging off the front end (ARB bumper with a winch). Unless you're really putting a lot of weight up front, I wouldn't recommend the 886's. If you do go with them, I'd get the Nitrochargers instead of the 5100's. They seem to be a better match.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
..Slingin' up mud and we're scarying off bunnies..
186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
186000mps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
How much weight do you want to add and how much lift do you want after the weight is added?

Eibachs are stiff, they have a 620 #/in rating and give you 1.6" of lift with 5100's at 0 and just under 2.5" when you set the 5100's at .85. They'll sag a little under the load of a plate bumper but are stiff enough to handle the weight.

885's I believe are 588 #/in and will give you about 2.5" of lift unloaded, 3" if you use a top plate spacer with them. I wouldn't preload the 885's.

886's are 656 #/in and are made to give you close to 3" of lift with 200+ lbs hanging off the front end (ARB bumper with a winch). Unless you're really putting a lot of weight up front, I wouldn't recommend the 886's. If you do go with them, I'd get the Nitrochargers instead of the 5100's. They seem to be a better match.
^^^ I'm running 5100's and Eibach's on my both my Tacoma & 4Runner which have ARB's and winches, but, if I would have found this site sooner I would have gone with the Nitros and 886's. As they were designed to compliment this set up by the folks who actually use and develop the products. A little education up front makes all the difference. Live and learn, but at least learn.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Don't run billies with the 886 coils , if you get 886's shell out for the OME shocks
Old 01-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #8
Army:
i am undecided if i am going to go with the ARB, Iron bull, or Road Armor bumpers. they are all pretty heavy bumpers. I think i may just go with the 885's with the 5100's set at zero and a 2" AAL in the rear. should level the truck out pretty good with a bumper on there
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #9
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
like others have said you are much better off matching the OME shocks with the coils and not mixing up the billies with them. just another person putting in their .02 but ive had a spacer lift, 5100's, eibachs, and now full ome lift and am wishing i would have just saved my money to begin with and gotten the full ome to start with. but its your truck and ultimately you will be the person to decide what you want on it.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
Army:
Would you run the OME Shocks in the rear as well?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
i am right now. if you are going full ome up front you might as well go with it in the back. they are only a few dollars more than the rear 5100's and i had a set of the 5100's on my previous truck and they didnt seem as solid as these ome ones. but that is just my opinion, not fact.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
885's with Billies set at 0" or use the OME shocks. But, you can use the OME 885's with stock TRD shocks FWIW.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #13
Army:
alright after talking to some people today i am going with the OME setup. I am still going with a heavier bumper so undecided if i should go with the 885's or 886's. Do they make a full kit?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #14
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickdizzle View Post
alright after talking to some people today i am going with the OME setup. I am still going with a heavier bumper so undecided if i should go with the 885's or 886's. Do they make a full kit?
If by "full kit" you mean a single order for all the parts- Yes. Downsouth Motorsports,TRDParts4U, or MetalTech can all hook you up. They'll also be able to talk to you about options for UCAs and probably sell you whatever you choose.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Army:
UCA'S?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gonna do a winch ?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #18
Army:
most definetly. That is why i am throwing the bumper on it. Damn the more i research this stuff the more money i am throwing into it ha ha. any suggestions on a rear add a leaf?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
most definetly. That is why i am throwing the bumper on it. Damn the more i research this stuff the more money i am throwing into it ha ha. any suggestions on a rear add a leaf?
Get 886's and OME 90000 Nitrochargers up front then .

I have Dakars in the rear of my truck .
Old 01-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #20
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Get 886's and OME 90000 Nitrochargers up front then .

I have Dakars in the rear of my truck .
This- The ride will be stiff until you get the bumper but such is life.

And I like the wheelers 3 pack AAL that I'm running right...and I'm pretty sure I'm going to like my Dakar pack even more.