Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Moto Metal 951 Black wheels - Questions, comments, concerns..

Old 01-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
Forsyth21 is on a distinguished road
Forsyth21's Tacoma Gallery
Moto Metal 951 Black wheels - Questions, comments, concerns..

I was thinking about getting a set of Moto Metal 951 black wheels on my 2009 Tacoma, however, I have heard good and bad comments. I have read about problems balancing and peeling/pitting on these wheels. Does anyone have any opinions, experiences, suggestions?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
experience

nobody has any experience with these?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
i havent but i noticed your link goes to 4wheel parts. i would be careful there. ive heard horror stories about them
Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
They came on my truck when I bought it. Chrome.... Fwiw, they are fine ony truck. I hunt beat the shit outta em mud dust rivers rocks u name it. They are still fine. Center caps thos are plastic I think and that's what sorta is funky with the chrome paint or whatever. But all in all I do t have any problem with them. Besides the fact they are chrome
Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
I have them and they seem to be fine. Balanced out fine. But.....I havent had them thru a winter with salt yet.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
i havent but i noticed your link goes to 4wheel parts. i would be careful there. ive heard horror stories about them
Thanks. But Tacoma World automatically links that for some reason, probably has to make money somewhere. I already have them, got them off amazon for $105/wheel shipped. Sweet deal really. Just making sure I don't want to return them because I have read some bad reviews about not being able to balance them and that they have a shimmy at certain speeds. But that could also be the tires the other people had on them.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on my ram they are about 5 years old now and have been through some offroading, and a whole lot of winter weather the finish is still perfect
Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I ran them for a couple years on my 07. Overall I liked them and they held up good to my use. No complaints here. 17x9, 4.5" BS
Old 01-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsyth21 View Post
Thanks. But Tacoma World automatically links that for some reason, probably has to make money somewhere. I already have them, got them off amazon for $105/wheel shipped. Sweet deal really. Just making sure I don't want to return them because I have read some bad reviews about not being able to balance them and that they have a shimmy at certain speeds. But that could also be the tires the other people had on them.
When did you buys yours and what size? I'm looking at buying 2 off Amazon, I am fixing to pick up 2 from a local guy real cheap today. (Brand new) The cheapest I've found was Amazon but at $114.20 each for 16x8.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
When did you buys yours and what size? I'm looking at buying 2 off Amazon, I am fixing to pick up 2 from a local guy real cheap today. (Brand new) The cheapest I've found was Amazon but at $114.20 each for 16x8.
I had two from a friend, just like you, and I bought the other two off Amazon for 114.20/free shipping with saver shipping. The ones on amazon came packaged well and look great. Can't complain for 4 wheels mounted for $277
Old 01-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #11
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i think the only problem is that a lot of people have these rims already, thats just my opinion tho. I really like these when they first came out tho. good luck on your choice
Old 01-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #12
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set had em for nearly 2 years now been through two winters w road salt n trail riding finish is still great if u keep ur rims in good shape n take care of em they look good too. I got 17x9
Old 01-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
i think the only problem is that a lot of people have these rims already, thats just my opinion tho. I really like these when they first came out tho. good luck on your choice
Yeah I had the same thought and they weren't my first choice partially because of that, but I couldn't pass up this deal. Also was considering staying with 17's but again this was too good a deal. I bought the 2 from a guy here brand new. He bought 2 with the intent of buying the other 2 later then tires down the road so it didn't hurt so much at once. Changed his mind when a buddy of his sold him his wheels so he put them on CL for $100 for both. Ordered the other 2 from Amazon last night so I have a total of $328.40 in all 4 brand new.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #14

Oh so what lug nuts do I need for these wheels? I don't know much about picking the right type or size. I do see that the wheels have the tapered edge inside. I wan't to figure this out before I need them so I can search the net for the best price and get them in time.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
I went w a set of spline lugs from 4wheelfarts they r pro comp
Old 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjm10 View Post
I went w a set of spline lugs from 4wheelfarts they r pro comp
How long you had them? Any rust issues? I see the reviews from 4WP and have a lot of rust issues with them.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #17
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set on my truck, bought it with them. Guessing 50k miles or so old. They are on all season. I have some peeling of the clear coat and the center caps are flaking the faux-chrome. No balancing issues. Can't complain.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #18

enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
How long you had them? Any rust issues? I see the reviews from 4WP and have a lot of rust issues with them.

The lugs r in good shape. Also have pretty tough winters w a lot of road salt. And the rims r holding op well too. They r a little faded now but only cause we r in winter n I ain't gonna polish em up to get them dirty again