Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Door size: double cab vs. reg cab/access cab

Old 01-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
nvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to all

Navy: Petty Officer First Class
Name: Matt
nvrenuf's Tacoma Gallery
Door size: double cab vs. reg cab/access cab

I just sold the wind deflectors off the front of my double cab to someone with a reg or access cab and he says they don't fit. Arer the front doors of a double cab a different size the the ones on other Tacos?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
I really doubt the doors are different.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrenn View Post
I really doubt the doors are different.
they are.

Regular Cabs have the longest doors, followed buy Double Cabs, with Access Cabs having the shortest doors.

I've lined up my truck, my dad's truck, and my friend's XRunner once because they bet me $20 that they all had the same sized doors. I made some money that night.

This comparison was between all 2nd Gen trucks, an 05, 06 and an 08.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
It's true, I broke a visor on my double cab and bought a set to fit a regular cab because they were cheaper but they were too long.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm ... now that's interesting ... would have assumed they were the same.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting
Weathertech shows for their front only air deflectors as the same part number # access & double. Regular cabs is the only difference
Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
nvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to all

Navy: Petty Officer First Class
Name: Matt
nvrenuf's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm... Not sure what to tell the guy...
Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Okay so why not post the length of your door along the window line and then we can settle this thread.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
Wow access are the shortest? I feel like my doors are huge as is. Glad they arent any bigger. I hate getting out in tight parking lot especially when i have to open up the suicide door. Always get trapped somehow.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I took my AC vent guards off to use on the RC and they were a coupla inches short. Had to buy a new set for RC. The armrest mod in RC's will require more material as well.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
Okay so why not post the length of your door along the window line and then we can settle this thread.
2010 access cab between 41 1/2 and 41 3/4 the tape measure is missing some markings but should be close enough . measured on the body line under the mirror.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
tdcoly is on a distinguished road
tdcoly's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit, you made me go out in the cold. 45 1/4 on the regular cab.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrenn View Post
2010 access cab between 41 1/2 and 41 3/4 the tape measure is missing some markings but should be close enough . measured on the body line under the mirror.
That checks for the 2007 AC as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdcoly View Post
Dammit, you made me go out in the cold. 45 1/4 on the regular cab.
Been thankful for my garage since the day we moved in!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=wolfpack_5150;4307650]Very very good question..........im glad u posted this, I seen that thread and was lost too.

CORRECTION: Saw not seen

Just helpin a brotha out!

And I am anxious to hear what a double cab measures out at
Old 01-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting
Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #16
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Interesting
seriously, i would have bet they were all the same.