to the left 5 12.82%
to the right 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
2012 factory steering wheel alignment poll

alignment of the steering wheel on you 2012, that is if your driving straight down the road, is your steering will perfect or left or right?
Old 01-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
At first I thought it might be pulling to the right, but it was the road camber (slope).
Old 01-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
RightYouAreKen has a brilliant futureRightYouAreKen has a brilliant futureRightYouAreKen has a brilliant futureRightYouAreKen has a brilliant futureRightYouAreKen has a brilliant futureRightYouAreKen has a brilliant futureRightYouAreKen has a brilliant futureRightYouAreKen has a brilliant futureRightYouAreKen has a brilliant futureRightYouAreKen has a brilliant futureRightYouAreKen has a brilliant future
RightYouAreKen's Tacoma Gallery
Not a 2012, but my 2011 I bought in September was off center slightly...can't remember which way. Took it back for an alignment and tire balance (had vibes at 65 too) which fixed it.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was off from day 1...took it in today and the techs were surprised...even the rear was off...they're checking all 2012 Tacoma alignments before they go out now.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
New 2011 pulled hard to the right on the test drive.. I told them and they said they would check the tire pressure.. Still pulled, took it in and it was way off. All good in the hood now.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
man i am going to check mine when i get off work in a few days and if its off ima take it right in.....
Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
To me it sounds like this poll is more about the orientation of the steering wheel when driving straight, not about whether or not the alignment is correct.

When driving straight, my 2012's sterling wheel is perfect, at least I can't notice any orientation issues.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Mine was off from day 1...took it in today and the techs were surprised...even the rear was off...they're checking all 2012 Tacoma alignments before they go out now.
there is no adjustment in the rear

Only Independent rear suspension has adjustments. Last time I checked the tacomas had a solid rear axle.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
I'll check when I test drive the Taco tomorrow Although I won't be buying the black colored one they current have.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
They recommend that when a new car or truck is bought it should be aligned .
Old 01-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't notice on test drive day... well because it started getting dark.. I am at 500 miles now. the Taco tracks down the road fine, its just that the wheel is ever so slightly not straight, you know the feeling when you drive with a strong wind at your side... My OCD will not let me live with it much more.. calling for an appointment in the morning!!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #12
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post

Only Independent rear suspension has adjustments. Last time I checked the tacomas had a solid rear axle.
That's what I said...I'll check the alignment sheet later.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7Garage View Post
At first I thought it might be pulling to the right, but it was the road camber (slope).
This. Depends on road crown. Roads are not flat, they slope downwards toward the shoulder so that rainwater can drain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post

Four wheel alignment the first time (by a shop that knows what the hell they're doing) is a good idea. Not every frame that comes off the line is perfect, nor every axle housing. Thrust angle is a key spec for a good alignment, not just front end positioning.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Tires can have a pull to one side or the other, too. But I've usually experienced that in tires that have some miles on them.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
.they're checking all 2012 Tacoma alignments before they go out now.
The dealer should be checking this before they sell the car, period.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
jtcskr227 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
jtcskr227's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is ever so slight to the left. It is still noticable but better after the dealer did an alignment and balance. I only notice start to pull left at speeds over 55MPH, which is also better but still present after alignment. I guess i'll be going back again for this issue. I thought it may be the tires causing this as it does not pull at all at 45MPH even though the wheel is slightly off.