Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Door locks

Old 01-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Door locks

Hello forum,

I have 2 questions regarding the door locks.

1) When I get in the truck and drive off shouldn't the doors lock on their own after a certain MPH's or when I remove my foot from the brake pedal?

2) When I lock the vehicle the lights blink but the vehicle doesn't make a chirpping or beeping sound. Is that normal?

Thanks,
Old 01-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Question 1 mine does not lock automatically it is a 2006 sr5 pre runner

Question 2 mine does not chirp either

I can't speak for all models and trims but that seems normal, I think the newer ones will chirp, but I'm not positive
Old 01-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
1. Nope. Not possible with the factory system either.

2. I believe you can disable that feature at the dealer. If so they can enable it. The early trucks didn't beep at all.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
Question 1 mine does not lock automatically it is a 2006 sr5 pre runner

Question 2 mine does not chirp either

I can't speak for all models and trims but that seems normal, I think the newer ones will chirp, but I'm not positive
x2 on both of these mine is a ’07 TRD off road.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post

As far as the chirping. There is a mod on here to turn them on or off. Mine is a 09 and it beeps on lock and unlock.

I suggest looking into that DIY if you want it to lock.
please correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the mod requires an additional horn? so that's why I think the older models (mine is 2006) is not equipped with the beep/chirp feature
Old 01-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
redz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to behold

redz80's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2011 and there are no auto locks and the truck does chirp when locked and unlocked
Old 01-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As far as the chirping. There is a mod on here to turn them on or off. Mine is a 09 and it beeps on lock and unlock.
Quote:
please correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the mod requires an additional horn? so that's why I think the older models (mine is 2006) is not equipped with the beep/chirp feature

Quick and easy ... open hood ... by the radiator is the "chirper" ... just unplug and tape over wire:

Old 01-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
No auto lock upon driving off.

Mine chirps AND honks when I push the button on remote. Once upon locking and twice when unlocking. If I am driving and decide to lock the doors from the inside, the alarm will go off after a while. The first time that happened, I was wondering who daheck was constantly honking at me....
Old 01-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #10
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The tacomas, as far as I've ever known, have never had the auto lock when driving after a certain speed or anything like that.

I suggest looking into that DIY if you want it to lock.
X2
Old 01-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #11

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
if you wanted the automatic locking, I'm not sure about most aftermarket alarm systems, but I know the keyless entry/remote start systems can be programmed to do so. I had 2 of them, and you can program so that once you shift into drive, your doors will lock.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My GM had automatic locking doors it was a pain in the ass. When you wanted to let someone out or in you always had to put it in park or use the locks.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To be honest, I'm not sure about the older models. I just have the experience with the newer ones. Although I have read on here that there is a mod like you are speaking of. Sorry I couldn't help too much for the older tacomas..
Old 01-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My 06 beeps when I lock/unlock (one beep on lock, two on unluck, or vice versa)
Old 01-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #15

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
My 06 beeps when I lock/unlock (one beep on lock, two on unluck, or vice versa)
did you buy it used? or modded? maybe I should recheck my owner's manual?
Old 01-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #17
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Nope brand new 06 sport from the factory. No upgraded alarm or anything, just the basic one from the factory. Never messed with the settings, it has always done this.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad10tacoma View Post
My GM had automatic locking doors it was a pain in the ass. When you wanted to let someone out or in you always had to put it in park or use the locks.
My S-10 had this and I kind of liked it.

I have another Toyota product and when rolling above 12-15 MPH all doors lock. When put in Park all doors unlock.
Wish I had this option on the Taco.

Whit
Old 03-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #19
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Off topic a bit but here I go.

I drove my wife's Accord to get tires yesterday. I always hit the door locks. I went to get out and could not open the door by pulling the handle. I had to "unlock" first.

I then realized my Tacoma will open with a pull of the handle while locked.

In an emergency situation I would prefer the Tacoma's ... don't think I'll tell my wife .