Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

winter grille insert

Old 11-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
big bad john is on a distinguished road

big bad john's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to big bad john
winter grille insert

Looking for a stainless steel winter grille insert for my 2007 tacoma,prefer a Canadian accessory store retailer.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Havent seen an actual grill insert. Actually havent seen a regular fabric one either... If they offered our truck in a diesel, I'm sure there would be plenty to choose from.
I made one out of cardboard a while ago for those below zero F occasions, but looks like crap. And if is gets wet... well lucky -15 F usually means dry roads.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncleaner View Post
Havent seen an actual grill insert. Actually havent seen a regular fabric one either... If they offered our truck in a diesel, I'm sure there would be plenty to choose from.
I made one out of cardboard a while ago for those below zero F occasions, but looks like crap. And if is gets wet... well lucky -15 F usually means dry roads.

I did the cardboard trick years ago...the way these trucks heat up I'm going to have to do something too on those -15 days with the kids in the truck
Old 11-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Somebody I work with suggested using a window heat visor. He said he used it on his dodge and it helped out a lot. Slight modification is required but I might be trying this out. It is starting to get a little cold up here.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
On my Charger I bought and used an dipstick heater. It replaced the oil dipstick. It helped with the Colorado cold snaps, not enough to blow heat quick but sure made it easier to start.

IIRC it was a "universal" one, I chose it by lenght of the original dipstick, not engine type. They also make ones that just stick on the bottom of the oil pan. No experience with those though.