Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

FJ Cruiser "TOYOTA" Badge

Old 01-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
Duae Rotarum per Sempre
canyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dave
canyonchaser's Tacoma Gallery
FJ Cruiser "TOYOTA" Badge

Does anybody know the part number or where to find one?

I have a 1990 Land Cruiser "TOYOTA" but I think it's too big. 15" wide.

You can get the old-school FJ40 "TOYOTA" badges, but at $70ish dollars, it seems a bit too expensive. And I'm not sure exactly how big it is, but it looks more size approprate. (PN: 75321-90300). But, despite how cool it is, I think I'd rather have the more modern font.

The FJ Cruiser "TOYOTA" looks like it may be more size appropriate, its the right font, but I can't seem to find anything about it, although in this photo it looks molded into the grille like our circle-T logo on the Taco grille.

I can't find anything out about the FJ Cruiser Emblem - Parts Fishe doesn't even seem to acknowledge it;

Does anybody know what I can't seem to find?

Thanks,
dp
Old 01-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
The best and most-used one seems to be the emblem from the 84-87 Land Cruiser. I have mine sitting here in front of me still in the package waiting for me to fab up a new grille insert for it.

It seems to be just shy of 14" long, and about 2 1/4" high. Part # 75311-90K00. But why use words when pics say it better!

$36 shipped from fleaBay

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...a-letters.html
Attached Thumbnails
FJ Cruiser "TOYOTA" Badge-imag0396.jpg   FJ Cruiser "TOYOTA" Badge-imag0398.jpg  
Old 01-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Also 90s 4Runner emblem is almost exactly as the land cruiser emblem, but with the benefit that its cheaper on ebay.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
I would be tempted to use these.
Member Metal Miller is associated with EmblemArt.
http://www.emblemart.com/aluminumgallery.html

Aluminum, drilled and tapped for studs would make attachment to mesh very simple.
Some have filled the original plastic emblem backs with epoxy and have done similar, but it seems labor-intensive.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
dweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Interior Communications Electrician
Name: David
dweezy's Tacoma Gallery
i would just go to the stealership and go to the parts and get them to look it up.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine off ebay. NOS and it was only about $20.00
Old 01-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
Joeymgd78 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Joey
Joeymgd78's Tacoma Gallery
i got mine here they have alot of different emblems.

http://shop.cruiserparts.net/index.p...ath=2_422_9_90
Old 01-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
Joeymgd78 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Joey
Joeymgd78's Tacoma Gallery
u can search by vehicle and by year to get the exact emblem you want its a awesome site imho