1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

accident :( ... need recommendations/advice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AsianAnts, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Jan 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM
    jdmdcfan

jdmdcfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    east WA
    Vehicle:
    dcsb
    I'm going through the exact same thing. The other guy I kissed from behind :rolleyes: filed a claim so I had no other choice but to accept a check from my insurance.

I am :mad: at myself because it was my fault but I just tell myself "at least my bumper will have a clear coat now." :cool:

2. Jan 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
  3. Jan 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts [OP] just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    oh :( do you already know how much of a difference your insurance price is now?

how come you had to accept the check from insurance?

Thank you everyone else for the offers. will keep in mind. gotta wait to see if that guy files a claim or not.

4. Jan 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    I don't care what anyone says. It's all about the database. Regardless of a claim, you call in and a note goes down on your record that you called in about an accident. What does that mean? Depends on how they track it internally. Could be that they track it outside of claims as an "incident" or otherwise. And I'd bet that comes into play on a risk analysis. And you know an ins co is in the business to make money first, not to protect your assets.

I've seen seen a few corp databases in my day.

My 2c worth.

5. Jan 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    gbtoy4x4

gbtoy4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver TRD AC OR 4x4 6sp
    Factory Silver Sport Grill, Gray TRD Shift Knob, BFG 285/75/16 AT's, Debadged, AFE Cai, TRD Short Shifter, Redline Hood Struts, Leer Topper, Budbilt Front, Mid+Xcase Skids, ELocker Skid, Icon C/O, Built Right UCA's, Rear 2in AAL w/Bilstiens, AP U-Bolt flip, 1" 4Crawler Body Lift, Relentless Front Bumper w/Lights + Sliders, Rear Breather Mod, 5 ProComp 7089 Rims, AP SS Brake Lines, Famous Fab HC Rear Bumper W/Swing Out Tire Carrier, Synthetic Brake Fluid, Synthetic Power Steering Fluid, Front Superbumps, Hood Blackout,
    If I would have went back w/stock bumper $1300
    My Relentless was like $800

6. Jan 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    ant you should get the procomp lift i hear they come with free arb bumpers these days :laugh:

no seriously though its here if you need it dude. just figure out what your going to need if you decide to save some cash.

7. Jan 9, 2012 at 2:17 AM
    jdmdcfan

jdmdcfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    east WA
    Vehicle:
    dcsb
    I don't know how much my insurance is going up. i didnt have to accept the check but it was a better decision. My insurance is gonna go up so I might as well use the money because the damage was estimated at 1,500 and my deductible is 500. Luckily I took off my bumper today and my bumper support was un touched and only cosmetic damage. The trd skid plate took the blow.

8. Jan 9, 2012 at 2:55 AM
    ratrod

ratrod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab TRD SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s @ 1.75 with 1.5 AAL, Satoshi Grill Mod with 2 Hella 500s behind the grill, LED dome and map lights, custom made (by me) 10" subwoofer box behind the dbl cab seat, DVD/iPod/Bluetooth/GPS/TV/USB/Stereo, Yakima rack, Shell, tinted front windows to match the factory backs. Backup cam in the tailgate handle mod.
    I had a kid hit my old car with his bicycle. it was his fault, the police came wrote a report, insurance found out about it (or I called about a what to do) and let me tell you, when I traded the car in to toyota they raped me, stating the car has an accident report on carfax and will be hard to explain to the next buyer that it was a minor dent by a kid on a bicycle! They f'd me on trade in price for that. Don't make a claim! Get a plate bumper or leave it alone until you can get a plate bumper!!

9. Jan 9, 2012 at 4:55 AM
    Chris135

Chris135 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    Well pleeeeease take the bumper off and look at the Goodwin damages if any to decide wether or not to make a claim! What do you mean by bent metal? Are you talking about the reinforcement bar that bolts onto your frame rails? Make sure you check the rad and condenser especially. Pics after the bumper is off would be ideal :)

10. Jan 9, 2012 at 5:12 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    First.....man rule violation for all those using any form of the phrase "man kissing from behind".

Pull the bumper skin off and see what damage there is. If possible bend back whatever is bent. Put bumper skin back on until you can afford a new one & have it painted. Just consider how much damage there is vs. your deductible + increased rates for the claim to make the decision. Not seeing at this point, based on the pics, how it would be worth claiming on insurance.

11. Jan 9, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    at most i've only pulled the grill off... and last i remember the screw that holds down the tab for the light was bent D:

but i'll check again and most likely will have to wait till the weekend.

12. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    alright i'm effin heated.. just got off the phone with my insurance..

he filed for a claim and INJURY...he claimed his rear bumper has been lowered and the tow hitch is messed up..wtf... so insurance said it is my fault which is no surprise... im going to provide pics of his damage (or lack thereof) and mine...

Insurance company also said to find a shop and give them the shop info.

SIGH......

13. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    Jez

Jez Hittn' easy steet on mud tires

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 Black DC TRD SR5
    K&N air intake, Fox 2.5 coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expo rear leaf pack, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, Diff Drop, U-Bolt Flip kit, Drive Shaft shim kit, Weathertech's, Borla cat back, Ultra Gauge,Clarion Radio, 18% tinted windows all the way around, smoked tail lights and rear break light, painted front chrome grill black, stained yellow fog lights, black head light mod, Interior LED kit, LED reverse lights, black leather arm rest mod
    My bumper looked like that once....Dent Wizard was able to fiberglass and bondo it back together. A little coat of color match and no one knows it is there but me. May give someone like that a call...heck you can even spray it yourself. Remember Plati-Dip is your friend in a situation like this:D

14. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jackass, yeah send them the pics, the guy is trying to defraud the ins comapny

15. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    yea, this is frustrating.!

16. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    Rashnu

Rashnu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R TEP
    Stock
    Did you take pics of his bumper and hitch?

17. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    My friend tapped some lady's bumper rolling backward in reverse coming out of a parking spot, he wasn't on the gas or anything. She was directly behind him in a black car at night with no head lights on. Her car was held together by tape with dents all over and she is claiming injury to. It was at maybe 3 mph if that.

people are pathetic sometimes in heir attempts to get money. At least you have some pictures, hope it works out for you.

Hope it works out man. Do you have any one that saw it?

18. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    People = shit......

No witness, no police.

19. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    An experienced adjuster will look at those pics and see through his BS, send them right away and call them back to make sure they got them, stick to the same story, low speed, damage only to the hitch, guys looked and acted fine.

20. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    his...... at most.. maybe a paint chip... or my paint on his hitch.... and maybe some debris -_-

2012-01-06 16.01.34.jpg
    2012-01-06 16.02.42.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top