1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

turn signal lense eff'd

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 06SR5canada, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Jan 8, 2012 at 6:10 AM
    06SR5canada

06SR5canada [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 dblcab SR5
    2ndary air filter removed, flowmaster 40
    anyone else have one or both of their turn signal (dtrl on my truck) turn clear? its very noticable, 1 dark orange, 1 light orange. And I just payed 1/2 hour labor to have them professionally aimed :( :( :( maybe one got too hot or something?

any idea's? only thing i can think of is

1-take them back apart (i did bhlm) and tint them then try to get them reaimed.

2-can i take those bulbs out/pull fuse and use the side marker bulbs as turn signals and ditch dtrl which i dont really want to do.....

2. Jan 8, 2012 at 6:22 AM
    rubberduckytaco

rubberduckytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nicholas
    sumter sc
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner dc sb
    running boards, backup camera, yellow fogs, camo interior
    U had your turn signals aimed? I know the turn signals have been known to melt I think they have a tsb for it not sure I can be wrong

3. Jan 8, 2012 at 6:52 AM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    I know Toyota changed at some point the lense color of the turn signal/ DTRL with our trucks (05-11). There is a "orange" lense, and then like on my 09, there is a very "light clear orange tint" lense. Many have found this out when doing repairs on the front end. Even though only one lense was damaged, in some cases both had to be replaced in order for them to match. Has there been any work done on your truck with the front end prior? Are the bulbs the same on both sides? If no work has been done, maybe you have the orange colored lenses that are just fading differently then each other. I have seen 05-06's or older model trucks with faded rear lenses, looking pink in color almost, so maybe this is happening to the front lenses as well? Just guessing.
    There is a TSB for those who have had issues with melted DTRL lenses. Not sure if it applied to your model year, but mine were replaced do to melting lenses, and I have had no issues since.

4. Jan 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    06SR5canada

Member:
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 dblcab SR5
    no the headlights were aimed

and it dosent look melted just like the orange color is really fading.

all work done to headlights was done by me and i didnt notice it before, guess i should just tint them?

5. Jan 8, 2012 at 8:39 AM
    06SR5canada

Member:
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 dblcab SR5
    can anyone suggest (other than retro&hid) a new set of headlamp housings please.

the angel eye thing looks cool, but i bet the light output isnt that good? i do alot of night driving, oh and they need to be black.

what about something like these? http://www.slickcar.com/details/6274-projector-headlights.asp

6. Jan 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    tacos4life

tacos4life Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DEE
    Victoria B.C.
    Vehicle:
    06 6 spd 4x4 trd crew cab shrt box
    6'' fabtech lift 20'' eagle alloys 33x12.5/20 toyo m/t's hid halo headlights billet grill 7'' alpine gps stereo 10"" alpine drop down dvd CAI intake
    I have those exact same halo lights with hids ,inside pretty horrible visibility compared to stock and the worst part for me is that they f*******ckn leaked on me within months, if you do get them I advise you to oven heat them and silicone the edges before install as the manufacturer told me to do :p

Products Discussed in

To Top