Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

turn signal lense eff'd

Old 01-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
turn signal lense eff'd

anyone else have one or both of their turn signal (dtrl on my truck) turn clear? its very noticable, 1 dark orange, 1 light orange. And I just payed 1/2 hour labor to have them professionally aimed maybe one got too hot or something?

any idea's? only thing i can think of is

1-take them back apart (i did bhlm) and tint them then try to get them reaimed.

2-can i take those bulbs out/pull fuse and use the side marker bulbs as turn signals and ditch dtrl which i dont really want to do.....
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
rubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: civil engineer
Name: nicholas
rubberduckytaco's Tacoma Gallery
U had your turn signals aimed? I know the turn signals have been known to melt I think they have a tsb for it not sure I can be wrong
Old 01-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
anyone else have one or both of their turn signal (dtrl on my truck) turn clear? its very noticable, 1 dark orange, 1 light orange. And I just payed 1/2 hour labor to have them professionally aimed maybe one got too hot or something?

any idea's? only thing i can think of is

1-take them back apart (i did bhlm) and tint them then try to get them reaimed.

2-can i take those bulbs out/pull fuse and use the side marker bulbs as turn signals and ditch dtrl which i dont really want to do.....
I know Toyota changed at some point the lense color of the turn signal/ DTRL with our trucks (05-11). There is a "orange" lense, and then like on my 09, there is a very "light clear orange tint" lense. Many have found this out when doing repairs on the front end. Even though only one lense was damaged, in some cases both had to be replaced in order for them to match. Has there been any work done on your truck with the front end prior? Are the bulbs the same on both sides? If no work has been done, maybe you have the orange colored lenses that are just fading differently then each other. I have seen 05-06's or older model trucks with faded rear lenses, looking pink in color almost, so maybe this is happening to the front lenses as well? Just guessing.
There is a TSB for those who have had issues with melted DTRL lenses. Not sure if it applied to your model year, but mine were replaced do to melting lenses, and I have had no issues since.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckytaco View Post
U had your turn signals aimed? I know the turn signals have been known to melt I think they have a tsb for it not sure I can be wrong
no the headlights were aimed

and it dosent look melted just like the orange color is really fading.

all work done to headlights was done by me and i didnt notice it before, guess i should just tint them?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
Banned
can anyone suggest (other than retro&hid) a new set of headlamp housings please.

the angel eye thing looks cool, but i bet the light output isnt that good? i do alot of night driving, oh and they need to be black.

what about something like these? http://www.slickcar.com/details/6274...headlights.asp
Old 01-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
tacos4life is on a distinguished road

Name: DEE
tacos4life's Tacoma Gallery
I have those exact same halo lights with hids ,inside pretty horrible visibility compared to stock and the worst part for me is that they f*******ckn leaked on me within months, if you do get them I advise you to oven heat them and silicone the edges before install as the manufacturer told me to do :P