Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can the rear view mirror camera be upgraded by software to display like the 2012?

Old 01-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Adreenaleen is on a distinguished road
Adreenaleen's Tacoma Gallery
Can the rear view mirror camera be upgraded by software to display like the 2012?

Does anyone know if the rear view camera can be upgraded to display the lines like the new 2012 models?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Fmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud of

Name: David
Fmsvandal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adreenaleen View Post
Does anyone know if the rear view camera can be upgraded to display the lines like the new 2012 models?
Anybody wanna post a pic of how the 2012 displays since my afghan internet is too slow to search for images...
Old 01-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #3
Phones Ringin Dude
SplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to beholdSplitDecision is a splendid one to behold

Name: Haywood Jablowme
SplitDecision's Tacoma Gallery
It's the same, just with IMO annoying red, yellow, and green lines.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #4
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitDecision View Post
It's the same, just with IMO annoying red, yellow, and green lines.
Is that to tell you how far you have? Lame, its not hard to see how far you are away from something while looking at the bumper.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #5
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmsvandal View Post
Anybody wanna post a pic of how the 2012 displays since my afghan internet is too slow to search for images...
I like it, it has green lines indicating each side of the truck, a dotted green line indicating the centerline of the truck and an intersecting line by the bumber... right where your trailer hitch is. oh and an o-shit to far red line..

when I go to lunch today I'll take a picture...
Old 01-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #6
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
I only like the ones on the luxury cars, just due to the fact that is alters the lines to accommodate the steering. So if you turn your steering wheel, the lines bend to show a projected path. If the 12's don't do this, I find the lines pointless.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a picture.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #8
jtcskr227 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
jtcskr227's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone figured out if it is possible to remove the lines? How about getting these lines to display with the Entune Screen? My 2012 has the screen in the mirror but it is only used for Temp/Compass. There are menu's but the backup camera comes through stereo screen. I can't get the lines to display and would like them for when connecting my boat trailer.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to have the lines on my 09. They make backing into parking spaces much easier for me.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adreenaleen View Post
Use a marker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcskr227 View Post
Has anyone figured out if it is possible to remove the lines? How about getting these lines to display with the Entune Screen? My 2012 has the screen in the mirror but it is only used for Temp/Compass. There are menu's but the backup camera comes through stereo screen. I can't get the lines to display and would like them for when connecting my boat trailer.
Any info in the owners manual?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #11
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
Here is a picture.

your welcome
Old 01-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Use a marker?

Any info in the owners manual?
beat me to it...damnit!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #13
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
beat me to it...damnit!
beat me to it ...to it too

Does anyone know if I buy a new stereo with display can I get the backup camera to display though that?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #14
bradrulz is on a distinguished road
bradrulz's Tacoma Gallery
Any way to get the backup camera view on both the rear view mirror and the entune system? Haven't found a way to get it to show on both. Entune doesn't have the lines and the lines are a nice feature.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #15
Spot50 is on a distinguished road
Army: SGT 1st/17th Inf 1971 Korea
Name: Bob
Spot50's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same question as "bradrulz!" Any way to get the backup camera view on both the rear view mirror and the entune system? Haven't found a way to get it to show on both. Entune doesn't have the lines and the lines are a nice feature.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #17
WARR4NT is on a distinguished road
WARR4NT's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Have Entune. Hate the camera coming up on it. Want camera on mirror with lines.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #18
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Lines are part of the camera, not the screen. Someone swap an 09+ camera only with a 12' camera, I bet the lines will stay with camera
Old 08-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #19
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
the screen on the 2012 is larger as well. i was thinking about getting a 2012 mirror and swapping mine out
Old 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I would love to have the lines on my 09. They make backing into parking spaces much easier for me.
Lol or you can just learn how to back up without the lines. Wait! Are we not suppose to know how to do that before we get our drivers licences?