Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spacer Lift kits vs Spindle Lift kits

Old 01-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Socal00711 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ralph
Socal00711's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer Lift kits vs Spindle Lift kits

Ok, This is my first post, and yes I am a new member. But have been comming to the sit for awhile. I recently sold my 99' tacoma prerunner and picked up a 06' Tacoma Prerunner SR5 TRD access cab. As the title says, point me in the right direction. I am looking for feedback from members who have 4"spindle lift with 2" rear blocks, and 3" spacers w/1.5 rear blocks. What is the best for the trucks sake. Thanks in advance, and yes I am glad to be a member, alot of great resources and rides...
Old 01-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal00711 View Post
Ok, This is my first post, and yes I am a new member. But have been comming to the sit for awhile. I recently sold my 99' tacoma prerunner and picked up a 06' Tacoma Prerunner SR5 TRD access cab. As the title says, point me in the right direction. I am looking for feedback from members who have 4"spindle lift with 2" rear blocks, and 3" spacers w/1.5 rear blocks. What is the best for the trucks sake. Thanks in advance, and yes I am glad to be a member, alot of great resources and rides...
The two kits couldn't be more different. Spindles are pricey, but keep all your geometry and ride stock. They don't hurt the truck or the ride, in any way.

Spacers are cheap, and depending on the type, they either make the ride very stiff, due to preloading the spring while still using stock shocks, which are not designed for stiffer springs, or they extend the stock shocks, rendering the bump stops useless, and leading to ball joint damage at fool droop.

As for the blocks, those lead to axle wrap. An add a leaf would be a much better option for the rear.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
07tacos is on a distinguished road

Name: Raul
07tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The two kits couldn't be more different. Spindles are pricey, but keep all your geometry and ride stock. They don't hurt the truck or the ride, in any way.

Spacers are cheap, and depending on the type, they either make the ride very stiff, due to preloading the spring while still using stock shocks, which are not designed for stiffer springs, or they extend the stock shocks, rendering the bump stops useless, and leading to ball joint damage at fool droop.

As for the blocks, those lead to axle wrap. An add a leaf would be a much better option for the rear.
Hey Im in the same boat. I have 2" spacers on the front and AAL on the rear. I have bilstein all around as well. I have some sag in the rear especially when accelerating.I want to level out with blocks what size would you recommend? Ive read that some will do 2" spacers in the front and 2" block in the back and I noticed other will do 2" in the front and only 1" in the back. I dont get which set up is better.

Also if you arent doing mad offroading but are shooting for a nice look does it really damage (axel warp) your truck that much if you use blocks?

thanks and sorry not trying to steal thunder from OP
Old 01-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the spindle and block, Add-a-leaf would be better, but stay away from the spacers.
http://www.camburg.com/toyota/00-06-...y-spacer-lift/
Old 01-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Get spindles, I have the Camburg 4" Spindles and LOVE THEM!