Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

hit a deer friday night

Old 01-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
rancher 420 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
rancher 420's Tacoma Gallery
hit a deer friday night

yup.... another doe decided to commit suicide friday night.

headed home about 11 pm going about 55 mph or so, and she ran out if front of me from the left side.

the truck held up remarkably well! allot of plastic is broken, all of the lights are still working except the drivers side parking lamp.

however.... when i hit the breaks the dash lights, and the fogs want to light up. i guess the body shop will have to figure that problem out.
Attached Thumbnails
hit a deer friday night-smash-truck.jpg   hit a deer friday night-smash-truck2.jpg   hit a deer friday night-smash-truck3.jpg   hit a deer friday night-2012-01-07_07-53-53_222.jpg   hit a deer friday night-2012-01-07_07-54-00_799.jpg  

Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #2
Blueridge is on a distinguished road

Blueridge's Tacoma Gallery
Mmmmmm backstraps!
Sorry about your crash.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Damn deer anyway, always breaking tacos
Old 01-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
just dropped it off at the body shop... quick estimate is around $2200.00

we will see what the ins. company estimates it at.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
ARB or plate bumper FTW
Old 01-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
This is why the original owner of mine put an ARB on. I am glad he did because I hit one last week and I just got some brain juice on my bumper and some dents down the side.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
This is why the original owner of mine put an ARB on. I am glad he did because I hit one last week and I just got some brain juice on my bumper and some dents down the side.
Thats why you need FULL armor

Rock sliders, and rear bumper for the just incases muhahahaha
Old 01-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
Thats why you need FULL armor

Rock sliders, and rear bumper for the just incases muhahahaha
That's what insurance is paying for!!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you're okay.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
asshole deer. srsly, we need hunting season all year round. They are just large rats.

I hit one on my gsxr about 6 months ago, and my friend hit one on his bike a couple of weeks ago.

THIS IS WAR!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously get an ARB bumper.

They are DESIGNED for hitting animals (kangaroos specifically). One of their main design goals was to minimize animal strike damage.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #14
ChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ChuckLee's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed.....I don't see how you would sustain any real damage if you hit an animal that weighed up to 300lbs........providing you are got an ARB bumper. They are great
Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #15
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I hit a deer earlier this year causing over $4k damage, now I'm afraid to drive heavily wooded secondary roads. It does make you more paranoid to drive after hitting one.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #16
sfhunter is on a distinguished road

Marines: Grunt
Name: Tom
sfhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear, I hope you at least chopped the son of a bitch up and put her in the freezer.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhunter View Post
Sorry to hear, I hope you at least chopped the son of a bitch up and put her in the freezer.
i wanted too... but while i was on the cell with the troopers, someone rolled up and took it.... but someone had already run her over again.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
wow, that sucks.

i've had two deer incidents, both on the same road at night. one time i was able to avoid the deer, the other time, well, the deer actually ran into the front corner/side of my truck (not the tacoma). a few thousand in damage also. sucks having to pay the deductible.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #19
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
Agreed.....I don't see how you would sustain any real damage if you hit an animal that weighed up to 300lbs........providing you are got an ARB bumper. They are great
Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post

They are DESIGNED for hitting animals (kangaroos specifically). One of their main design goals was to minimize animal strike damage.
And they work! Head hit bumper and it's ass hit the driver door.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post

lol kangaroos