Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

screeeeeeeech...boom pt 2

Old 01-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
chaotichoax's Tacoma Gallery
screeeeeeeech...boom pt 2

My truck was hit in August and I just got my deductible back mid-December. This evening I was hit by a Nissian Armada that didn't look before making a left at an intersection and clipped me. Driver's side rear. Same spot as the first time. Luckily, there were no injuries.

-Dents and scratches on the cab behind the rear door
-Dents and scratches on the bed side
-Punctured tire
-Damaged wheel
-Crooked axle
-Dented rear bumper

Not having the best luck. Both accidents were not my fault. The first one was 100% comestic. I am pretty confident there is some drivetrain damage this time.

Starting to get the feeling I wasn't meant to own a Tacoma.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you are alright but I would think of the opposite after two accidents and no injuries...THANK GOD I own a Tacoma!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
TACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to all

TACK's Tacoma Gallery
There are some really awful drivers out there. Watch out for them. Drive as defensively as possible.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Put it this way. They happen in 3s. Hurry and go crash it again and you should be good.

Seriously though....You ARE very lucky you were in a Tacoma. Your truck saved you. Twice. Now go hug your truck and shame on you for even thinking bad thoughts! *shakes finger at you*
Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
brett1586 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
brett1586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Seriously though....You ARE very lucky you were in a Tacoma. Your truck saved you. Twice. Now go hug your truck and shame on you for even thinking bad thoughts! *shakes finger at you*
X2
Old 01-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
Time for a 2012
This^^^^ Two accidents that were not your fault is the world telling you to get a new one.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
chaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaotichoax is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
chaotichoax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGU3 PR3DATOR View Post
This^^^^ Two accidents that were not your fault is the world telling you to get a new one.
I agree. Probably not the most cost effective idea however.

The worst part is NJ doesn't recognize accident depreciation which is ridiculous. They can't tell me that a dealer won't see two accidents and give me the same value as a truck with no accidents. I should find out in the next 24-48 hours what the extent of the damage is. I just recently put KMC Enduros and Duratracs on my truck. The Duratrac is finished but I did have insurance on them. It was too dark to tell if the wheel had any damage.

I'm most worried about how crooked my rear axle looked. I'm pretty bummed. I was getting ready to schedule my lift kit install soon too. I'm sure I won't have my truck for a good 2-3 weeks.

I am glad that no one was hurt for sure but it's just frustrating that there was nothing I can do.