Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Powder coating stock rims

Old 01-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
bt08231 has a spectacular aura aboutbt08231 has a spectacular aura about

bt08231's Tacoma Gallery
paint, not sure it looks cheap, but it was cheap to do....
Attached Thumbnails
Powder coating stock rims-img_1131.jpg   Powder coating stock rims-img_1135.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #22
AllBLKTaco will become famous soon enough

Army: 101st Airborne, 3rd ACR Ft Bliss
AllBLKTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine, LOVE them!!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #23
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are powder-coated. Check my build below.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #24
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
My fronts are currently "brake dust" gray. Thinking of just clear coating them to lock it in. Then rotate for a similar coating for the rears.

Seriously though, I dig the factory rims in either black or gray.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #25
Frankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant future

Frankoo1234's Tacoma Gallery
whats the process of power coating rims.. i mean i know what they do (strip paint sand blast and power coat basically) which all takes an average of 3 days right?? but do you take the tires with the rims to the shop?? do you just leave the truck there? sorry iam a noob at the whole power coating but iam deff thinking of doing it
Old 01-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #26
Rashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shedRashnu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rashnu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankoo1234 View Post
whats the process of power coating rims.. i mean i know what they do (strip paint sand blast and power coat basically) which all takes an average of 3 days right?? but do you take the tires with the rims to the shop?? do you just leave the truck there? sorry iam a noob at the whole power coating but iam deff thinking of doing it
Depends on the shop. Some require that you bring in just the wheels
Old 01-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #28
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBLKTaco View Post
Heres mine, LOVE them!!!!

that is an awesome rack! i wanna do something like that after seeing this
Old 02-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #29
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
The only easy day was yesterday
West31 is on a distinguished road

Name: Westin
West31's Tacoma Gallery
I think I might do a powder coat or spray with some kind of bronze. I have a metallic graphite grey and dont really want to do Black on Grey. Anyone got any suggestions to either spray or powder coat? And how much did you pay for your powder coat?
Old 06-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #31
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

has anyone plasti dipped their rims? im thinking of doing it.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz4back View Post
I plasti dipped mine and ran them for 2 months. I got tired of the look and ended up painting them anthracite/gray

Plasti dipped

howd you get the toyota emblem to stay white? did you mask it off?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz4back View Post
Nah, just scratch the face of the emblem with your fingernail to get the plasti dip to tear and then slowly peel. The plasti dip will tear at the base of the emblem.
oh ok cool thanks. im thinking of doing this tomorrow
Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #37
xyourlocaldjx is on a distinguished road
xyourlocaldjx's Tacoma Gallery
Didnt like the looks of the stock moto metal 951's so i painted em.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #38
quickie is on a distinguished road
Marines: Tech
Name: Keith
quickie's Tacoma Gallery
I am getting mine powder coated soon. Did Y'all just paint the center pieces or can those be powder coated as well?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #39
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickie View Post
I am getting mine powder coated soon. Did Y'all just paint the center pieces or can those be powder coated as well?
they must be painted you can't powder coat them
Old 10-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #40
laltaffer is on a distinguished road
Name: Lawrence
laltaffer's Tacoma Gallery
I"m looking to do this to my 2012 OR rims.. anyone know if there is a factory clear coat on them? Also all of the quotes I have gotten were on average $80/rim but then one guy said he could do all 4 for $100.. too good to be true right? These wheels are off the truck and don't have tires..so no labor in that department..