Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Powder coating stock rims

Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
Powder coating stock rims

i just got a white 07 tacoma DCLB recently and its pretty much 100% stock except for the nav system and dvd player. i eventually want to lift it and get bf goodrich all terrain tires. anyone have any pics of stock rims that have been painted black? thinking about doing it but not sure if i will like it. or any pics of a white DCLB lifted with black rims and those tires?
Old 01-10-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbergler View Post
i just got a white 07 tacoma DCLB recently and its pretty much 100% stock except for the nav system and dvd player. i eventually want to lift it and get bf goodrich all terrain tires. anyone have any pics of stock rims that have been painted black? thinking about doing it but not sure if i will like it. or any pics of a white DCLB lifted with black rims and those tires?
IMO painted OE wheels looks cheap. But if you're thinking about doing it you can see lots of examples in the plasti-dip mega thread.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
sparkhill is on a distinguished road
sparkhill's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of people have painted or powder-coated their stock wheels and posted here. Personally, powder-coating is the best option. We need to know your current wheels style.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkhill View Post
Lots of people have painted or powder-coated their stock wheels and posted here. Personally, powder-coating is the best option. We need to know your current wheels style.
For a daily driver I would agree powder coat is the best option but for trail use, I'd lean toward plain old rattle cans. They're much easier to touch up than powder coat. Just my $0.02.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #6
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Powder coating stock rims-photo.jpg
these are the rims i have. im pretty sure they're 17"
i was thinking of having them powder coated ti a flat black and putting the fj cruiser red trd hubcap in them
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
Quote:
Attachment 132790
these are the rims i have. im pretty sure they're 17"
i was thinking of having them powder coated ti a flat black and putting the fj cruiser red trd hubcap in them
Somebody did a set in dark gray/gun metal/anthracite to match the FJ TRD center caps and it looked great. I have looked for the thread but can't find it. I was going to do it too, but went a different direction. I have the gray center caps still, which I will sell at a good price.

Edit: Not exactly the wheels I was looking for, but these look great: Great Wheels
Old 01-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Somebody did a set in dark gray/gun metal/anthracite to match the FJ TRD center caps and it looked great. I have looked for the thread but can't find it. I was going to do it too, but went a different direction. I have the gray center caps still, which I will sell at a good price.

Edit: Not exactly the wheels I was looking for, but these look great: Great Wheels
wow those look pretty awesome im just not sure if they will look good on a white truck. im terrible at decision making haha
Old 01-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #13
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine podercoated "Anthracite grey" and bought the grey TRD Center caps and think they look clean as hell!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #14
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
Another view on the Truck
Old 01-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #15
Quote:
wow those look pretty awesome im just not sure if they will look good on a white truck. im terrible at decision making haha
Dark gray looks great on white. So does black though.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJump View Post
I had mine podercoated "Anthracite grey" and bought the grey TRD Center caps and think they look clean as hell!
im really lovin those with the center caps. i really want the fj gunmetal rims but the toyota dealer said they dont sell those anymore. they only use them for warranty purposes. so im thinking of going this route
Old 01-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #17
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJump View Post
Another view on the Truck

Nice turck. Like that look.
Price should be $60-$100 a rim depending on the shop. Was going to get mine done by a buddie, dont like the look of the stock rims tho, sport ones look better
Old 01-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
gorillaford is on a distinguished road

gorillaford's Tacoma Gallery
like how mine look powder coated
Attached Thumbnails
Powder coating stock rims-img_0166.jpg