Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Lift Shopping list

Old 01-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
JavaJoe1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JavaJoe1's Tacoma Gallery
My Lift Shopping list

Ok so I have done a lot of research on here, much thanks to all the posters for great info. I have decided to go the 5100 rout for my 2012 Access cab prerunner SR5.

I have made my purchase and am awaiting delivery. My question now is did I miss anything? I will be installing the following components my self this weekend. Any input, suggestions, or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rear ToyTec Add-A-Leafs
Zinc Axle Shims (3 Degree) 05 & UP Tacoma
Bilstein Height adjustable 5100 front and rear 5100 shocks(set at 2.5)
Front Top Plate Spacer (One - 1/4")
Old 01-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #3

Hey thanks for the quick replies guys. Good idea on the DSMS call. My leaf pack is the 3 leaf non-TSB pack so I got the Toytec non-TSB AAL.

Really hoping I don't need the UCA's as my budget is kind gone after this and my new XD addicts and 265/70-17 Grabbers
Old 01-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #4

And now to jack my own thread....

Just looked at the aforementioned Addicts I ordered, and I may have ordered the 5.71 backspaced -12mm offset 17x9's. I am going to run grabber at2's 265/70-17.

Question is the backspace and offset I think I wanted is 4.5 and -12mm. What will the rims I ordered look like in comaprison?

Sorry for all the questions relative noob here.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 5.0 BS you can see them on my profile oh and with ur tire on a 17x9. They look good but the shop needed to add a spacer and some new lugs that were longer.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Don't put the shims in till you know you need em. I think a lot of vibration issues are caused from people thinking they need to shim or add carrier bearing drops with spring install. Check drive line angles then decide to shim.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #7

Thanks for the shim tip.

As to the wheels, I called 4 wheel drive hardware's customer service and they told me they actually have a brick and mortar store in my town went over and met some cool people who just swapped them out.

Cant wait for the rest of this stuff to get here! Will definitely get a build thread together as it comes together this thing is going to look sweet!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You sure you need the 1/4" spacer if you're running stock coils? If you put the stock coils back on the correct side I'm not sure you need the spacer. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will chime in on this before your install.

Also, I agree with others, I don't think you'll need the axle shims. The people I know that are running them put on 2.5 - 3" of lift in the rear using Dakars or All-Pro Expos.