1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got hit :(

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MMazz365, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jan 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    MMazz365

MMazz365 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    NY
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    -flowmaster dual side exit exhaust -3 inch lift -cb radio -scanner -DTRL's -Fogs Anytime -Truxedo Soft Tonnahu Cover -eyelids -grillcraft upper and lower -fogs behind the grill
    Well the first accident happened on my tacoma :( I was driving in town at night going to my fire dept drill when a truck turns around in a parking lot and pulls out right as im passing them, so i pin it and swerve around them. I heard it hit so i proceed to pull over. the guy then goes around me and floors it. My dad is a police dispatcher in this town so i gun it and catch up to him why my dad is calling the police. after about 2 miles, he pulls over on a very dark back road. after confronting him, we find out he is a nice guy, around 65 and went to school with my grandpa. the police came, took an accident report, and the guy said that we do not have to go through insurance and he would pay for the damage himself. I didnt get hit too hard, just minor scratches in my right rear side panel, little dents, and scratches on my bumper. oh and my bumper got knocked out about a quarter of an inch. The good part is, he said do what i need to do, and hell give me a check for the works. I got an estimate today of 1600$ :eek: but i think i might get an allpro rear bumper with the side panels and that would cover the scratch so it wouldnt have to be completely painted.

I have a bad picture, but it gives you the idea. and plus, I may be getting a new steel bumper :D ohh and turns out this guys LOADEDDDDD :D

IMAG0284.jpg

2. Jan 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Well...

I hope i dont get in an accident but it looks like you didnt get hurt. lol with that estimate get a steel bumper and hit the road jack!

It could have been worst though.

3. Jan 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    MMazz365

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    NY
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    -flowmaster dual side exit exhaust -3 inch lift -cb radio -scanner -DTRL's -Fogs Anytime -Truxedo Soft Tonnahu Cover -eyelids -grillcraft upper and lower -fogs behind the grill
    he stated "he didnt realise he hit me" and thought i had road rage lol

Edit : oh and he did not appear to be under the influence of anything

4. Jan 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    neonlazer

neonlazer Mechanically Goofy

Member:
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB 4x4 SR5
    I am assuming you didn't mention he hit you and sped off to the police? of course he would be nice and pay it up front :D

Bah ninja'ed I can see that if it was very light

5. Jan 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    MMazz365

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    NY
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road

Lol yeah it was barely a hit but its the fact that not my trucky was damaged and I can't bare to see that every day :( lol and hell yeahh steel bumper here i comeeee!!:D

6. Jan 12, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    MMazz365

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    NY
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    I'm looking at getting an allpro bumper similar to this setup

05-up-Taco_rearbumper05-600.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top