1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELLA CUSTOM SOUND SYSTEM IDEA

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LuckeyTRD, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Jan 13, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    LuckeyTRD

LuckeyTRD [OP] rIDIN wHEELIEz!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Evans, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner ALL TERRAIN
    BHLM, Blacked out tails, window tint 5%, tinted windshield , 8000k hids hi/lo and fogs. Black side badges, debadged tailgate, camburg 1.25" uniball UCA's, Camburg 4" spindles, ext. brake lines, Fox remote resi coilovers. Fox 2.0 Pro series rear piggybacks, 3" Allpro Leaf pack, OEM roof rack, Brush guard. Custom TRD allterrain decals. UWS low profile black toolbox
    So i was def considering going with all JL audio (minus the amps) for my setup. But first off Ive got a 2010 double cab and i have 2 kicker comp 10's runnin on a kicker 400.1 and i have the stock door speakers as well with a pioneer P4200DVD doubledin. I have been pondering the thought of 2 JL 13tw5's powered by an ARC 1000w amp in a sealed box behind the back seat for a bass setup... for mids and highs i was considering going with 3 sets of JL C3's with two sets up front utilizing stock tweeter location and then the other set would be coaxials (cut and fiberglass with custom brackets in the door panels) and one set in the rear without the tweeters powered by a 125x4 ARC amp. I have a buddy who works in a local audio store who deals JL who would be willing to hook me up and also he has a hookup with a guy who makes a dual alternator kit that would help with all the power. Of course i will need two batteries to help with the wattage and i have a toolbox so hiding them wont be the issue. all in all i have around 3400 bucks to spend on it and all install and fiberglass work will be done by myself and a friend so no cost to me for install. i just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were on the system and if theres any room for improvement then lets see your pennies!

2. Jan 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    LuckeyTRD

LuckeyTRD [OP] rIDIN wHEELIEz!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Evans, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner ALL TERRAIN
    BHLM, Blacked out tails, window tint 5%, tinted windshield , 8000k hids hi/lo and fogs. Black side badges, debadged tailgate, camburg 1.25" uniball UCA's, Camburg 4" spindles, ext. brake lines, Fox remote resi coilovers. Fox 2.0 Pro series rear piggybacks, 3" Allpro Leaf pack, OEM roof rack, Brush guard. Custom TRD allterrain decals. UWS low profile black toolbox
    Thats coming in 4 months.

Products Discussed in

To Top