1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Entune Calendar & Messaging Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Snoranger, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Jan 13, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    Snoranger

Snoranger [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Washington
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2012 TX Pro
    Philips LED Headlights PIAA Xtreme White Fogs Block Heater 30% Tint Decals Removed
    I have a 2012 w/the Entune and the navigation system. I've paired my Motorola Droid 2 (Verizon) to the system just fine; however, I can't seem to get the calendar and the messaging tabs to be non-grayed out. Has anyone had any luck w/a Droid? I also can't get my contacts to sync to the Entune either. It will show it sinking, and I will leave it for 30min, but it never seems to tranfer any of the contacts. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    DIVERMAN

DIVERMAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica 4x4 TRD O/R SWB
    Tailgate theft prevention, Locking rear window, Blind spot mirrors, Fogs on anytime, Rear diff breather relocated, Bed storage locks, LEDs in/out, Relocated trailer plug(custom!), OEM bed mat, OEM running boards, OEM bed divider, Bed lights, Rev lights, Raptor lights, WeatherTech floor mats and window vents, Extra D-rings, ImMrYo Bracket, UWS low pro black toolbox, Carhartt seat covers,
    cal. and mess. are not available yet according to my dealer. supposed to be sometime early this year along with others. not sure on your contacts, i have an iPhone.

3. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    CBrva

CBrva Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Glen Allen, VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport DCLB 4x4
    Toytec Boss, LR UCAs, Dakars, FN f(x)pro wheels, ko2
    Yeah my original Droid wasn't compatible with those entune features either...just got a galaxy nexus tonight but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know if it works.

4. Jan 14, 2012 at 4:55 AM
    Snoranger

Member:
    SW Washington
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2012 TX Pro
    Philips LED Headlights PIAA Xtreme White Fogs Block Heater 30% Tint Decals Removed
    Well that would make sense, but I wonder why they would launch it w/only partial functionality...

I would be curious to know if you Galaxy works, or if it's a universal thing w/all smartphones still. When I did the compatability thing on the entune.com page, it showed the same level of compatability w/my phone as it did w/an iPhone (granted both for Verizon)...

5. Jan 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    Razorbuck

Razorbuck Member

Member:
    First Name:
    B.K.
    Northwest Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 TRD Sport
    I was told that till they come out with the update (Jan 2012)(yeah right) you will not have the text, calendar and other functionality. Also, til the update comes out, you have to have your phone plugged in to use the Entune functions. Supposedly they are going to use the BT to connect the Entune features when it updates. BUT then again, this was the sales rep selling me the truck... I still LOVE IT!!

6. Jan 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Member:
    Your phone has to support those functions for them to work. For text/e-mail the phone needs to support MAP (Message Access Protocol). Support for both of these is still pretty limited, mainly Blackberry with some Android phones. Apple doesn't support it at all.

7. Jan 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM
    Snoranger

Member:
    SW Washington
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2012 TX Pro
    I like how they tout how great this stuff is but then make you wait for half the year untill they actually update it to make it usable. What a pain in the ass..

8. Jan 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    PlanoTaco

PlanoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. Dallas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
    ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit w/Dakar Leafs, Light Racing UCAs, XD Chrome Monsters & Nitto AT 285/60R18, AMP Research Power Steps, WeatherTech DigitalFit Floor Liners & Stone/Bug Deflector, BAKFLIP F1 Tonneau & BAK Tiedowns, Redline Hood Lifts, OEM Bedliner, PopLock, Spare Tire Lock, Cut 4" off OEM Antenna, Ultra-Gauge, Tinted Windows, Entune Stereo, Console Vault, LEDs-Backup, Dome, Map Lights.
    I had the same problem with my contacts with my iPhone 4 and finally backed up the phone and restored to original then sync to computer to get back just the data and it worked just fine. It did take a visit to local Apple Store/Genius Bar to get it done but was well worth the time. Everything working as advertised. New apps coming in 2012!!:)

9. Jan 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    CBrva

CBrva Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Glen Allen, VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport DCLB 4x4
    Yeah no luck with the text message and e-mail features on my Galaxy Nexus... I'm also kind of disappointed in everything the dealer said this system can do, but it doesn't. I was told mine had the IHeartRadio and OpenTable and Movie Tickets..... yeah doesn't have that capability...not that i'd ever use any of those. Sound quality on Pandora is terrible. Also, it would be nice to have a split screen to view navigation and radio functions at the same time like the Ford system does. Overall, not terribly impressed but hopefully with future updates it will get better.

10. Jan 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    Snoranger

Member:
    SW Washington
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2012 TX Pro
    Does anyone else wish that they had made the screen bigger?...do we really need a standalone clock and a giant hazard button?!...really? I think they would have integrated the cock in the expensive as shit screen, and put the hazard button on top of the steering column..just a thought..

I do love the navigation system..it just kind of feels like an afterthought..

11. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    jtcskr227

jtcskr227 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Connecticut
    I must manually connect entune and then my text messages will display and are read to me when new messages arrive. I am am able to respond with a limited amount of template replies or call the sender back. I thought it was decent but a pain to have to initiate the entune app in the phone each time. The Internet is painfully slow. The bt phone and audio work very well for me. I guess this isn't the premium entune system found in other toyota models. Has anyone figured out how to change the startup background image?

12. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM
    Quadsix

Quadsix Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Bonaire, Georgia/Palm Bay, Florida
    Vehicle:
    12 Quadcab TRD Sport Upgrade
    K&N Intake Filter, K&N Cabin Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Tailgate Mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, WeatherTech rain visors/digital floor mats, 6K HID headlights, 4300 HID fog lights, Westin Bullbar, Westin side steps, Westin Bull Bar, Westin Quadrant LED Aux Lights, Bed mat, Rocky Mount Clutch SD Bike Mounts, LED Bed lights, Blue LED shift indicator
    Can not wait for the updates to be pushed out for the iPhone and also the iHeartradio app to be available for the entune.

13. Feb 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM
    Creese

Creese Member

Member:
    FWA
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Sport UG DC
    Droid Razr here- 2012 Tacoma Sport UG w/ Entune.
    Email and cal do not work either.
    The truck will read my txt's to me but is sporadic on letting me know new ones arrive. It's acts like it connects to my phone but sometimes it connects w/ differing degrees of connectivity/functionality.

Contact list works well once sync'd.

My gripes are:
    -Sometimes my phone auto connects just fine (tho it does take a minute), other times it won't connect at all and requires me to dig my phone out of my pocket and manually connect it via phone/bluetooth setup.
    -The album art via bluetooth is an enigma to me. Some albums display via BT, some do not. All do when using USB.

The pluses of the system are when it works, it works great and the JBL's w/ sub sound absolutely fantastic...even tho they rattle the hell out of my door panels.

Anyone got any tips on connectivity?

14. Feb 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Member:
    Calendar won't work with your Razr. Word has it there is a software update available that you can get from the dealer, might help your first problem. For the album art, it'll only show the artwork stored in the Gracenote. Artwork isn't sent over Bluetooth.

15. Feb 15, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    Creese

Creese Member

Member:
    FWA
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Sport UG DC
    Any confirmation of software update? Google didn't turn up even the current ver of Entune to compare.

"Artwork stored in the Gracenote"...My music data (17GB worth- WMP) is not in disarray and I'm comfortable w/ tagging and metadata but please help me understand how Gracenote hooks up so I can get my album art displayed. Is this a codec or an ID3 tagging option?

16. Feb 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM
    CBrva

CBrva Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Glen Allen, VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport DCLB 4x4
    I'm going in for my 5000 mile service on Saturday and I'll ask about a software update then. Odds are they won't have any idea what I'm talking about since most of the sales people are pretty clueless about the system. EnTune software version running in my Taco is 1.7.1 (I think). You can find the version number deep in the settings menu.

17. Feb 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    DIVERMAN

DIVERMAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica 4x4 TRD O/R SWB
    Tailgate theft prevention, Locking rear window, Blind spot mirrors, Fogs on anytime, Rear diff breather relocated, Bed storage locks, LEDs in/out, Relocated trailer plug(custom!), OEM bed mat, OEM running boards, OEM bed divider, Bed lights, Rev lights, Raptor lights, WeatherTech floor mats and window vents, Extra D-rings, ImMrYo Bracket, UWS low pro black toolbox, Carhartt seat covers,
    dealer told me when i bought the truck, that any updates would come in the mail and be installed by owner via a USB drive that you keep (for future updates). FWTW.

18. Feb 15, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Member:
    Gracenote is just a database stored on the system with album cover images. It'll look at what's playing and if it has a stored album cover, then it'll show it, otherwise it just shows the music note. Just make sure you have the right ID3 data and if it has something, it'll show.

There was a TSB that showed up (0030-12) for an update to 1.8.4. Dealer can do it with a USB drive. Fixes listed were:

Vehicle orientation slow to update after vehicle startup
    Five Bing search results are not all displayed on the map
    Voice recognition destination request does not provide feedback
    Voice Recognition for POI search displays "Function not available" message
    "Car Multimedia" device name cannot be changed

19. Apr 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    stevo629

stevo629 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport
    i have a 2012 tacoma also. I have the HTC Evo 4G. It doesnt work with those 2 features. I love my truck! Got it with every possible option. Sports upgrade package. I have just about 5000 miles on it. Gas mileage still holding at about 16 mpg. I hope it gets a little better

20. May 4, 2012 at 5:06 AM
    stevo629

stevo629 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport
    MY ENTUNE IS VERY QUIRKY WITH LOCKING THE PHONE INTO THE SYSTEM. FORGET ABOUT MESSAGING! I AM TOLD, AT SOME POINT TOYOTA WILL RELEASE A SMALL THUMB DRIVE TO THE OWNERS OF THESE UNITS. OF COURSE THIS IS A USB CONNECTION THAT SHOULD UPDATE THE SYSTEM TO ACCEPT EMAILS AND TEXTS. ANYONE CONCERNED WITH GAS MILEAGE? IM GETTING 16 MPG. IVE GOT ABOUT 5000 ON HER. TOYOTA TELLS ME AFTER THE WINTER ADDITIVE IS OUT OF THE FUEL WE SHOULD GET A NOTICABLE INCREASE. JUST A SIDE NOTE; I DROPPED MY TIRE PRESSURE TO 31 FROM 35 (18" SPORT UPGRADE WHEELS AND TIRES). RIDE IS MUCH BETTER. DIDNT SEE ANY LOSS IN MILEAGE. ALSO, WATCH OUT FOR DEALERSHIP MISTAKES ON MILEAGE. THEY CAN COST YOU $ WHEN AND IF YOU TARDE YOUR TRUCK IN. WHEN THE TRADING DEALER PULLS THE CARFAX, IF THERE ARE MILEAGE INCONSISTANCIES, THE DEALER MAY SAY MILEAGE UNVERIFIABLE. OF COURSE THIS MEANS OFFERING LESS FOR YOUR TRUCK. ANYTHING TO STEAL MONEY FROM THE CUSTOMER!

I MENTION THIS BECAUSE THEY TRIED TO RUN THAT SCAM ON ME! I FIGURED I WOULD WATCH THE REPORTING MILEAGE WHEN MY NEW VEHICLE WAS IN FOR SERVICE. WOULDNT YOU KNOW, AT THE FIRST SERVICE TOYOTA REPORTED THE MILEAGE INCORRECTLY! ONCE THIS IS DONE, CARFAX IS ALL OVER THAT! I CONTACTED TOYOTA CUSTOMER CARE. ALL THEY CAN DO IS PUT A COMMENT IN THE SYSTEM:mad:

TACOMA1.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top