Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

shovel, axe, other off road tool mounts...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
shovel, axe, other off road tool mounts...

Couldn't figure how to word the title. I ordered the ATO hi-lift jack mount for the bed, and I want to see everyones bed set-up for their other tools! I am purchasing a small tool box to keep my ropes and straps and other hand tools in, but want to also put an axe and shovel in the bed..

So please post pics. If you know where you got them from, post the links.. roof rack set-ups also welcome!

thanks.

(and if there is a thread like this made.. post that.)
Old 01-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
No pics but quickfist from Cabellas. They are very handy for holding axes and shovels in place.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
No pics but quickfist from Cabellas. They are very handy for holding axes and shovels in place.
i have heard of those and will be getting a few for my roof rack... when i get one
Old 01-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I keep everything but the hi-lift in my bed box.

I have seen people make mounts very similar to the hi-lift mounts. Drill a hole through the handle and then drill a hole farther down the shaft. Mount your bolts on the bed rails using a bracket of some kind and then you use wing nuts to secure it. Run a cable with a lock and lock it to the bed tie down. For an axe use a larger bolt on one end and drill a hole through the very end of the bolt and place a pad lock. You can get cheap die and tap sets at HF to chase the threads after you drill.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
pictures from user Streakerfreak on expeditionportal

Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
That box can hold a suprising amount of recovery gear. hi lift to the rear.

You may like this.
http://www.hi-lift.com/handle-all/index.html
Old 01-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #7

thanks so far.. getting ideas..

also anyone have experience with the roto-pac's and their mounting setup for our bed track system.. saw they have extenders to mount multiple cans and also a locking end to prevent stealing.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
I think I want to get a pelican case for the back of my truck, I was thinking about a tool box but I think a hard case box would suit my needs a little better.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post
I think I want to get a pelican case for the back of my truck, I was thinking about a tool box but I think a hard case box would suit my needs a little better.
I drilled some holes in the "legs" of the case and bolted in to the bed. Its rock solid and with 7 security clips and 2 locks its not going anywhere.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonyd182 View Post
I drilled some holes in the "legs" of the case and bolted in to the bed. Its rock solid and with 7 security clips and 2 locks its not going anywhere.
good to know. what are the dimensions on yours?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #11

I've got the 1650 no foam. 32x21x13

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...04_i00_details
Old 01-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #12

cool thanks
Old 01-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #13

no more?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #14
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery

bruteforcefab.com
Old 01-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #15

^^ i really like that!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post

bruteforcefab.com
I see awful pictures of flying projectiles in an accident. They look really secure but they are mighty sharp...
Old 01-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoJersey View Post
^^ i really like that!
here is the link to his website: http://www.bruteforcefab.com/

you should give him a ring his name is billy ive met him before and he is a really great guy that does solid work!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #18

or you could put a chase rack on

Here are some more pics

Old 03-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #19
TimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant future

Marines: SGT
Name: Tim
TimRD OffRoad's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is an old thread, but that rack is F-ing awesome dude
Old 03-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRD OffRoad View Post
i know this is an old thread, but that rack is F-ing awesome dude
x2

Products Discussed in this Thread