1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Financing supercharger.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aportis72, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Jan 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    aportis72

aportis72 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Supercharger
    So I have herd you can not finance the supercharger for the Tacoma from the deal is this true. If so why is this? *Also if you have financed a supercharger let me know. I'm buying my Tacoma at the end of the month.*

2. Jan 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    The TRD supercharger from "TRD" is still considered an aftermarket option. If it is not an option on the "Build you Toyota" website, it wont be under your finance.

**I wish it were **

3. Jan 15, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    aportis72

aportis72 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Supercharger
    But that's the thing it's on the Toyota site as an accessory along with a few other dealer assesories heck you can't add the T/X pro package on the build part but you can buy it already equipped. I have close to 5K to put down but if I use it for the supercharger then I have no down payment.

4. Jan 15, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    HAWAIICALIVEGAZ

HAWAIICALIVEGAZ Desert Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Pre Runner
    Dr Coilovers; Camburg UCAs; Sway bar Relocation block; Deaver J66 Leafs; ProComp extended travel rear shocks 6K HIDs & 13" antenna
    LOL just buy the truck and don't put any money down and just use the 5K to add it after... WAY cheaper that way

5. Jan 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    Hrm ... Not an option in Canada... Unless they have changed the site on me. I havent looked on the Toyota site since they took all my money in 2010

6. Jan 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    this is because, by the time youve got the supercharger paid off, youve blown up your engine. then youre pissed off at the supercharger, and dont want to pay for it.

7. Jan 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    It's a legal issue. It's very difficult to make performance parts meet the many state and/or federal emission and other requirements for new vehicles. Toyota avoids this problem by simply not selling them with a new vehicle. Instead, they're (very distinctly & clearly) offered as aftermarket items where the rules are much lower or even nonexistant.

-

8. Jan 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM
    lundy

lundy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2023 Double Cab 4x4
    I had my local Toyota dealership sell me a Scion TC back in the day (2006). 5 months later when the supercharger came out they refinanced my car with the additional amount looped into the new loan and installed the SC. Mind you this was when it was easy to get financed for 130-150% of the cars value. Just an idea though. PS my SC blew my engine and Toyota didn't cover it. Said the car was "abused". Fixed it, sold it, bought another one and turbo'd it. It blew up too. That was on me though.

9. Jan 16, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Doublecab Sport Longbed Supercharged
    3" lift, Tundra wheels with BFG ATKO's, Viper Remote starter TRD Supercharger
    you can most definitely finance the supercharger...It just needs to be listed on the paperwork as additional TRD accessories in the amount of the supercharger plus install. I've done this twice, on my 08 and on my 2010, at 2 different dealers...

Products Discussed in

To Top