1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Airbag light,check engine, light on shifter stuck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by saltidadyo, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Jan 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    saltidadyo

saltidadyo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sal
    new jersey
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    Pro Comp 6inch Lift Kit, Borla cat back, Moto metal 18 inch wheels, Mickey thompson 35 inch Baja's MTZ, Alpine INA 900BT, Thule roof rack, Satoshi Grill, Piaa driving lights on soon to be gone bull bar
    My truck has been fine until yesterday. Out of nowhere I noticed the airbag light on, so I shut the truck off and started it again to see if that would reset it or something. When I tried to put the truck in drive the shifter was locked and the check engine light came on. So I overrode the shifter lock by pushing in the button next to the shifter,the truck drives,but I noticed it won't let me change gears if I wanted to and my climate controls don't function and my blinkers won't either, but my hazard lights go on. Please if someone had this happen give me some info. My mechanic friend hooked up the computer to it and it said transition range ? Also backup cam doesn't turn on.

2. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    boomer6

boomer6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Offroad
    disabled DRLs disabled seat belt chime disabled the key in the ignition with door open buzzer Installed Illuminated 4wd switch circuit board Marker lights Flashing with turn signals Toggle switch ABS Disable Fog Lights on AnyTime Mod Changed to Yellow bulbs in the Fog Lights Converted interior lights to leds Installed oem roof rack Installed Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags and Daystar Cradles for the air bags Added oil catch can Relentless Tailgate Protector installed
    Have you checked the fuses under the dash? Check the IG1 fuse....its a ( red) 10amp fuse.

3. Jan 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    saltidadyo

Member:
    First Name:
    sal
    new jersey
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    Pro Comp 6inch Lift Kit, Borla cat back, Moto metal 18 inch wheels, Mickey thompson 35 inch Baja's MTZ, Alpine INA 900BT, Thule roof rack, Satoshi Grill, Piaa driving lights on soon to be gone bull bar
    Boomer6 your the best. Thanks a lot. That was it. Check engine light still on. I assume it needs to be reset.

4. Jan 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Try pulling the negative battery cable for a couple minutes and then hook it back up.

5. Jan 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    boomer6

boomer6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Offroad
    disabled DRLs disabled seat belt chime disabled the key in the ignition with door open buzzer Installed Illuminated 4wd switch circuit board Marker lights Flashing with turn signals Toggle switch ABS Disable Fog Lights on AnyTime Mod Changed to Yellow bulbs in the Fog Lights Converted interior lights to leds Installed oem roof rack Installed Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags and Daystar Cradles for the air bags Added oil catch can Relentless Tailgate Protector installed
    Saltidadyo,

Glad I could help.

6. Jan 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    go to autozone, they will read the light for you..Maybe even turn it off

7. Jan 17, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    saltidadyo

Member:
    First Name:
    sal
    new jersey
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    Thank you guys. It reset after 2 driving. Cycles. Very happy it was nothing serious.

8. Sep 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM
    Tuff t03

Tuff t03 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner
    tuff t03 wheels
    Man i was messing with my stereo tonight before i had to go somewhere and the same thing happened to me! Airbag light and truck wont shift! I freaked and slapped the laptop upside down, elbowed the fridge and then googled the issue.. this thread came up and just had to say thanks Boomer6

Products Discussed in

To Top