Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installing OEM hood scoop insert.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Installing OEM hood scoop insert.

Hey guys, got a question. The original owner of my truck pitched the OEM hood scoop insert to put in a billet piece, and I want to replace it with the factory piece. I ordered the piece, and the two rivets that hold it in from Toyota, but I'm not sure if it's as easy as just pop riveting it back together? Anyone done this? I'm doing this so I can get a HomerTaco grill and keep it simple and clean looking. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Got Carbon Fiber?
CarbonGuy is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
CarbonGuy's Tacoma Gallery
scoop insert

Check out my website under "Installation". It has some directions and pictures of how to do this. I include "plastic rivets" with my carbon scoops, but you may be able to find them at a hardware store. Good Luck!

www.carbonhoodscoop.com
Old 01-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, thanks bud. Where can someone pick up those plastic keepers?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonGuy View Post
Check out my website under "Installation". It has some directions and pictures of how to do this. I include "plastic rivets" with my carbon scoops, but you may be able to find them at a hardware store. Good Luck!

www.carbonhoodscoop.com
Hey cool product!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
299.99 dollars, Yah right, Id rather just repaint mine black and call it good haha