Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

color match grill surround

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #21
FlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to beholdFlyFishVA is a splendid one to behold
Name: Robert
FlyFishVA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Get the duplicolor perfect match paint and clear coat. Works great and matches well. Search duplicolor perfectmatch on here, you should see more results.
Here's how mine came out. Very happy with it.
Thread revival . . . that looks awesome. A few questions - This was originally chrome, right? Did you put any primer down before you sprayed on the dupli color? How many cans to complete the job?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #22
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Yes, I sprayed a couple coats of primer after I wet sanded the chrome with 400 grit sandpaper. I used a dark grey primer, so I only needed a couple coats of the duplicolor. I used less than half a can. then a few coats of clear gloss with careful wet sanding in between. Do not sand the color coat tho. It will lose the metallic glitter effect. Then after the clear coat fully cures, very fine wet sand any overspray and then wax. Mine still looks great

That is a lot of work to make it look good tho. If I had to do it again, I'd sell the chrome and buy a painted one!

Products Discussed in this Thread