Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

color match grill surround

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
color match grill surround

For you guys who have had your chrome grill surround color matched to your truck, about how much did this cost?
I'm considering this on my super white if it's not outrageous
Old 01-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Depends if you have skills with a rattler or you want a professional finish.
Sand paper- $1
Tape-$2
Primer-$8
Color match paint-$15
Clear lacquer-$8

Id say $120-$200 at a body shop. It really depends. Call a couple collision shops in your area to get prices.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i paid 100 to have m chrome one color matched
Old 01-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
I was gonna have my chrome one painted but the body shop didn't recommend it and were gonna charge me $100 for prep and paint. Instead I bough the one in the link below and had it painted for $50 and then sold my stock for $70. Total price = $30

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...gs+Best+Seller
Old 01-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
rattle can it with some color matched paint
Old 01-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Super white is very hard to color match using rattle cans. I tried to color match other items plenty of times and none have been close enough to for my liking (I tried dupli color and paintscratch.com). I ended up buying a new OEM color matched one for $185 shipped to my house. The paint shops I talked to about painting mine were all weary about painting the chrome and didn't want to stand behind the work.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
well it looks like the best bet is to order an OEM one, just not sure I want to do anything to a brand new truck just yet
Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-new-box.html
Old 01-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
You can get a brand new colormatched one for $180 online that is OEM, if somebody is gonna charge you more than that then screw it.
where?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Check the link ColtsTRD posted.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
lundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shedlundy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
If I were to spend upwards towards $200 for a stock grille I'd probably save an extra $100 and have Homer hook it up with Satoshi

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hom...hi-grills.html
Old 01-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #12
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Check the link ColtsTRD posted.
Prices went up.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
lundy's Tacoma Gallery
@ OP I'm getting a Satoshi grill from homer soon. I'm on the list at number 14 in line at the moment. I'll probably be selling my Super White grille after I get my new one. Just a thought in case you want to buy it
Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #14
TacoJoe11 is on a distinguished road

TacoJoe11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
Depends if you have skills with a rattler or you want a professional finish.
Sand paper- $1
Tape-$2
Primer-$8
Color match paint-$15
Clear lacquer-$8

Id say $120-$200 at a body shop. It really depends. Call a couple collision shops in your area to get prices.
Seems pretty straight forward. How would the paint hold up to rain/snow/road debris? Looking to match my chrome grill surround to my truck in the near future.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #15
TacoTalago is on a distinguished road
TacoTalago's Tacoma Gallery
color match 2011 speedway blue

Looking for a speedway blue color match grille surround. I'm going to buy the grillcraft black mesh upper and lower and I'm looking to do the whole thing at one time. Anybody have ideas? Or do you guys think it would be best just to get on Homers list? Those are pretty badass.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #16
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTalago View Post
Looking for a speedway blue color match grille surround. I'm going to buy the grillcraft black mesh upper and lower and I'm looking to do the whole thing at one time. Anybody have ideas? Or do you guys think it would be best just to get on Homers list? Those are pretty badass.
Get the duplicolor perfect match paint and clear coat. Works great and matches well. Search duplicolor perfectmatch on here, you should see more results.
Here's how mine came out. Very happy with it.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #17
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
You can get a brand new colormatched one for $180 online that is OEM, if somebody is gonna charge you more than that then screw it.
Buy an OEM one. I sold my chrome one on Ebay for $160. Bought the color matched one for $183. I shipped the chrome one in the box the paint matched one came in.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #18
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
my 2013 black taco had a chrome grill..i just plasti dipped it.
can was 20 bucks...im sure they make it in white also. but i did 3 layers and still half a can of spray left. so i'd just go that route if you wanted it quick/fast... took off/painted 3 layers/put back on in 2-3 hours..but mostly gave it time just to dry per layer.
there's some photos in my album if you wanna see.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #19
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
$20?!

I just bought a can for $4.99
Old 04-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #20
steeds is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
steeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
$20?!

I just bought a can for $4.99