Notices

48" or 60" hi-lift..?

View Poll Results: which one?
48" 27 51.92%
60" 25 48.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
48" or 60" hi-lift..?

i have a DCSB and ordered the ATO hi-lift brackets... 1st question, will the 60" fit in my double cab SHORT bed using the brackets? I know the back of the bed by the tailgate the width gets tighter and may throw the jack on an angle.

And which one should one should I buy? 48? or 60?

thanks!!

And with jacks like the x-treme (which i am ordering.) they have that attachment on the top, is that included in the 60"? or in the 48"? like overall length? because a 60" would def not fit if that isn't factored in on the length.

***** so quick update so you don't have to read through it all... although the poll votes show differently, the 60" will be for those that will actually use it, or plan on going wheeling and possibly needing that extra bit... and 48" is great for changing your tires on your ride in the driveway..
Old 01-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i do know by looking at most of the pics on here... there are a lot of 48" jacks..
Old 01-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foihdzas View Post
60" is the total height of the jack correct? But the foot of the jack is removable <usually> which may make it able to fit in the SB.
added that in my 1st post... great question, didn't think of that..
Old 01-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoJersey View Post
i have a DCSB and ordered the ATO hi-lift brackets... 1st question, will the 60" fit in my double cab SHORT bed using the brackets? I know the back of the bed by the tailgate the width gets tighter and may throw the jack on an angle.

And which one should one should I buy? 48? or 60?

thanks!!

And with jacks like the x-treme (which i am ordering.) they have that attachment on the top, is that included in the 60"? or in the 48"? like overall length? because a 60" would def not fit if that isn't factored in on the length.

The jack will fit with slight modification. IMO everyone should be buying a 60". The 48" jacks are way to short should you actually need it offroad.
The red tip on the top of bar is useless so take it off and throw it in your recovery bag - that will save you some space and if it's still to long bring it over to my house and Ill cut it down (safely) for you. I would not remove the base - in an emergency do you really wanna fumble around for it? Thats why my jack is unlocked and ready to go. I see many people locking them up and all I have to say is WHY? I live in one of the crappiest states and work in some of the worst cities and no one ever even notices it and even if they did they would have no idea what it was. Keep it at the ready... $0.02

oh and IMO the extreme is a waste of $...you can get other attachments that are better then whats supplied with the extreme for cheaper.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
The jack will fit with slight modification. IMO everyone should be buying a 60". The 48" jacks are way to short should you actually need it offroad.
The red tip on the top of bar is useless so take it off and throw it in your recovery bag - that will save you some space and if it's still to long bring it over to my house and Ill cut it down (safely) for you.
sounds like a plan... and thanks for the input..

and i agree with your added part. and not removing the base.. I'll only lock mine when not wheeling... bridgeton has many sticky fingered fucks!

Side note, i was behind you 2 fridays ago... cross keys rd and 42... you went straight and turned into 711 area, we made right to go get fucked at applebees then that turned into a shit fit! haha no I'm not a stalker!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sounds like a plan... and thanks for the input..

Side note, i was behind you 2 fridays ago... cross keys rd and 42... you went straight and turned into 711 area, we made right to go get fucked at applebees then that turned into a shit fit! haha no I'm not a stalker!

How do you know it's me?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Do the 48" lifts get the job done? Does anyone wish they had gotten a 60"? I'm about to order as well and would like to know how practical the 60" is.

Edit: xxxx pretty much answered that
Old 01-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #11

Quote:

How do you know it's me?
haha your pic of you pulling out the FJ... tire on the rear bumper with x-mas lights on the tire.... come on...
Old 01-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Go with the 48. 60 is overkill.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
... then we get this.... which is why i asked.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #15
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha your pic of you pulling out the FJ... tire on the rear bumper with x-mas lights on the tire.... come on...
Oh

well in that case stalker

So your real close. Well anytime you wanna hit some trails up let me know. Ill have some meets once the weather turns nice and we plan a couple 4x4/camping trips per year as well. Keep an eye on the NJ thread for updates.

The offorad base, handle isolator, fix it kit, and winch kit are a necessity IMO if you have a hi lift.

and instead of paying $30-40 more for the extreme get this instead as it's much better and has more uses IMO http://www.amazon.com/JackMate-Lift-.../dp/B002SM8NQQ
Old 01-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #16
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
... then we get this.... which is why i asked.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
i have a 60 for my 1st gen dcab and also use it for my 2nd gen dclb. 48 is great if you use it on flat land.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post

So with a 48" jack how do I get my rear tires off the ground on asphalt? let alone on a trail with ruts?

Ill wait patently for the answer
Old 01-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Oh

well in that case stalker

So your real close. Well anytime you wanna hit some trails up let me know. Ill have some meets once the weather turns nice and we plan a couple 4x4/camping trips per year as well. Keep an eye on the NJ thread for updates.

The offorad base, handle isolator, fix it kit, and winch kit are a necessity IMO if you have a hi lift.

and instead of paying $30-40 more for the extreme get this instead as it's much better and has more uses IMO http://www.amazon.com/JackMate-Lift-.../dp/B002SM8NQQ
yup, every friday after work, since i work in west berlin, we go to our friends in sicklerville.. we were headed to dinner that night.

And I was looking to buy that jack-mate thing also! good deal! can't wait to go wheeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbturner47 View Post
no matter what forum you are on, thats what makes them great.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #20
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a 60. And i almost run out of room in my driveway. offroad in a bad situation a 48 wouldn't cut it.

Products Discussed in this Thread