Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What are the stock tires on an '07 Tacoma

Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
jordank is on a distinguished road
jordank's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up What are the stock tires on an '07 Tacoma

Hey guys,

I'm looking at picking up a 2007 Tacoma, but it has only 20,000 kms on it. It's a little fishy for a 5 year old truck to only have 20k on it, so I asked to see the Car proof (Canada's Carfax) and they have no odometer records. In order to determine if the truck has been rolled back I want to see if it still has its stock tires on it - the Tires are Dunlop AT20s on the truck, does anyone know the different tire options that were offered during that year?

Thanks,

Jordan
Old 01-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordank View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking at picking up a 2007 Tacoma, but it has only 20,000 kms on it. It's a little fishy for a 5 year old truck to only have 20k on it, so I asked to see the Car proof (Canada's Carfax) and they have no odometer records. In order to determine if the truck has been rolled back I want to see if it still has its stock tires on it - the Tires are Dunlop AT20s on the truck, does anyone know the different tire options that were offered during that year?

Thanks,

Jordan
I believe it can vary a little bit by region and also depends on the model. If it is a TRD Off Road, it should have BFG Rugged Trails, TRD Sports would have either AT20's or Bridgestone Duelers, SR5 could have any of the above.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
those were the tires that came on my 2010 2wd access cab 5 lug.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
No odometer record should throw up a flag. Do they not have some kind of annual inspection?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
jordank is on a distinguished road
jordank's Tacoma Gallery
Well apparently no odometer readings is quite common.This was at a VW dealership, and when questioned he showed me two more car proof reports, one for an F150 on the lot, and another for one of the employee's Audi S4 both of which had no recorded odometer readings. I also checked the headlights as you would expect some pitting or fogging of the headlights if the car was older then what they had stated.