Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pioneer 6x9's & 6.5's installed

Old 01-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer 6x9's & 6.5's installed

Hello Forum,

I just had the Pioneer TS-D6902R 6x9 two ways & Pioneer TS-A1674R 6.5's installed on my '08 Taco double cab with the stock non-JBL HU. Huge improvement over stock speakers! The music sounds clearer & you can feel the low notes better. I have the GROM IPOD kit installed so that I may play my IPOD.

Now, I don't think I want to add a 10" sub with an amp anymore like I had on my previous vehicle, an '07 Saturn Vue with the stock HU. I've been on the fence about it since I use every ounce of storage space in the truck & the interior space is smaller than the saturn Vue. I may just opt for a double din Pioneer unit. The tech who installed my speakers has a double din Pioneer in his truck with no amp at all & it sounds awesome & twice as loud as mine but it's an older model. I don't care for a DVD player since I don't watch movies in my truck & Navi is OK but not necessary. I want it to be able to play, (& also charge like my GROM kit does), IPOD's, have blue tooth, & have more power than my stock HU but not be too flashy & I would order the Double Din dash kit from ebay.
Any recommendations?

Also, anyone know why some songs sound louder than others on the IPOD. My IPOD is almost 5 years old. Time for an upgrade? My 2 boys get all the new stuff! LOL! I did the sound check thing on the IPOD but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance for your input & advice. You folks are extremely helpful.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
What's your budget? Take a look at a Pioneer AVH 3200BT or a 4200. DVD players but still not very high in price. BTW, watching your music, like concerts and such is very cool.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
That looks sweet! I can save up for it, I don't have an emergency. BTW, any single-din Pioneers available? I like the removable face feature for security reasons.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
What's your budget? Take a look at a Pioneer AVH 3200BT or a 4200. DVD players but still not very high in price. BTW, watching your music, like concerts and such is very cool.
Cool yes, but also illegal. I do it so I can't say much. Just a heads up
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
Cool yes, but also illegal. I do it so I can't say much. Just a heads up
Yeah, had to by-pass all that crap, I'm not sweating that. Hell, go ahead a blast me, I even text while driving, well, dictate anyways.