1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driveline Vibes

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bermslider, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Jan 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    bermslider

bermslider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Squampton, BC
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab 07 TRD Sport
    K&N Air Filter. 17" XD Revolvers wearing Hankook Dynapro ATM's 265/70/17 treads. Bilsteins in the Front set at 1.75". Debadged. Tail lights tinted.
    I haven't come across anyone with the situation that I have yet, so I am posting this separately.

I had the front only lifted with my truck, to 1.75" using Billies. I have vibes that at their worst, come in between approximately 30 and 45 miles per hr. I faile to see how dropping my carrier bearing lower will help, as my thoughts are this would misalign the mid section of the driveline more, but I am looking for more experienced peoples advice.

Here are the photos of my truck AFTER the front was lifted:

CV left and right. Looks pretty good to me. I dont see any obvious signs of pulling through the boots and the angles look quite good (correct me if I am wrong or missing something though)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The driveline coming out of the transfer case. This is the only area that I can think of that will fix the vibes in my situation? Perhaps I am wrong?

[​IMG]

I am fairly sure this is where the CB lives. Like I said, given my situation I can only see lowering this causing me more issues? I plan on spinning the bearing, but also need some advice on where to acccess that. An image of what the bearing looks like in it's housing would be great though, if anyone has one?

[​IMG]

So any helpful hints or advice would be appreciated. As mentioned I plan on spinning the CB around, but am not sure where, or how to access it. I am technically capable to a degree, I just need to know where and how to access it. Help would be great and if anyone sees anything odd in the pics, please let me know.

2. Jan 21, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    bermslider

bermslider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Squampton, BC
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab 07 TRD Sport
    K&N Air Filter. 17" XD Revolvers wearing Hankook Dynapro ATM's 265/70/17 treads. Bilsteins in the Front set at 1.75". Debadged. Tail lights tinted.
    Given my situation, does it sound like the most likely fix is to add some axle shims to point the diff up more? Just trying to wrap my head around this all. Will be attempting to take a look at the angles, but have to wait for the freezing rain to stop and am concerned I may be hurting the drivetrain, excessively, at the moment.

Products Discussed in

To Top