LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

No budget limit -- Whats my best lift options??

Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
RhysesPieces is on a distinguished road
Name: Rhys
RhysesPieces's Tacoma Gallery
No budget limit -- Whats my best lift options??

I want to do a lift on my truck. Not really any budget limit. I dont need the highest truck with the best rims, I just want the best quality for what I want to do. I travel the entire country, usually making it across the states a few times a year. SO, I've been all over utah, washington, cali, colorado, moab, phoenix, etc. Haven't done too much out in the east, but I'm currently in TN right now and am itching to find a good spot. I had a guy give me a quote on what he thought was a good lift setup but I think as I've read through a lot of these forums, I want to get some more options. I'm open to long travel, I'd get a 6 inch, I'd stay 3 inch, I honestly dont care. I kind of tend to lean away from the longtravel cause I dont think I'll be needing that setup that often but at the same time, if it operates as a normal truck all the rest of the time, I would get it just so I can do some crazy stuff. Anyway, just wanted to ask the question---

If you could get or already have some amazing lift setup, using some of the top performance products that actually make a difference and are not just a name, what would it be ? I see a lot of lift threads, but most of them are people that are looking for an economical solution too. Not saying that I dont care about money at all, I'm just saying, if money wasn't that much of an issue, which way would you go?

I am waiting to lift my truck RIGHT NOW! lol.... I just hate making that decision without a lot of research.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
I guess I didnt say much about what I like to do. I would rather go fast and have medium rockcrawling abilities than primarily be a crawler. I dont know if that makes sense, and if I can have both then great. It seems like some guys just go slow and get over obstacles. That has always bored me, faster is better.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
what year truck?

Id go with a nice mid travel setup.

Upper control arms with uni ball joints, extended travel coilover shocks up front.

A nice heavy duty leaf pack out back with a nice set of shocks.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

read
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html
Old 01-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
2 posts ?
Do your research.

Lazy a$$.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysesPieces View Post
I guess I didnt say much about what I like to do. I would rather go fast and have medium rockcrawling abilities than primarily be a crawler. I dont know if that makes sense, and if I can have both then great. It seems like some guys just go slow and get over obstacles. That has always bored me, faster is better.
If money is no object, I would suggest a high quality extended coilover set for up front and a matching set of rear shocks in back. The coilovers up front will provide the lift and a custom made leaf pack for the rear lift. Upper control arms will likely be needed as well.

If you like speed you can always go a full LT set up which is not a "lift" but a full redo of your suspension.

Some brands to consider would be ICON, King, or Fox.

Talk to Down South Motorsports they have great deals and well regarded for having great customer service.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
2 posts ?
Do your research.

Lazy a$$.

Just cause he has 2 post DOESN'T mean he hasn't been looking. I usually browse.. I'm sure many people do also..
Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
SAS with a full spring setup, if there isn't a budget.
he wants to go fast more than crawl
Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #11
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
Just cause he has 2 post DOESN'T mean he hasn't been looking. I usually browse.. I'm sure many people do also..
If he gave background I would have cut him slack.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #13
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
he said he hasnt done much research. no reason we cant help him out tho
Old 01-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #15
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
ICON stage V

If only I could find that damn money tree...
Old 01-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
long travel.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #18
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Don't think you want to travel The whole country with a LT set up .
exactly
Old 01-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
2 posts ?
Do your research.

Lazy a$$.
Wow man youre a pretty classy guy. Ive been on tacoma world tons of times, and just happened to start a new profile. Not only that but apparently people can't join and ask questions or they are lazy. hmm...
Old 01-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #20
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
i agree with the guys who said the icon stage 4

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...d-Stage-4.html

that is a really solid set up in my opinion.

And you might as well throw a supercharger on there while youre at it. At that point while youve got it on the jack put on board air and ARB lockers in the front and back. and when youve got the gears right there you might as well re-gear. Man now that i think about it the list can go on and on...