Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transponder Key Programming

Old 01-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
Transponder Key Programming

Can someone tell me if these are the correct instructions for programming a transponder key for an 08 DCSB? I bough the key from ebay and don't want to go to the Stealership to get it programmed. Thanks..

For 2002+ Toyota, Lexus
Add Duplicate Key
Requires one working Toyota/Lexus Master Key.
1. Make sure all doors and windows are closed.
2. Insert Master key into the ignition cylinder.
3. Cycle the ignition cylinder from On to OFF five times.
4. Open and close the “driver side” door 6 times.
5. Remove the Master Key and insert the new duplicates key.
6. TURN THE IGNITION CYLINDER ON.
7. The new key will be registered after 60 seconds. The THEFT light on the dashboard will go out, indicating that programming has been completed.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Post #6 in this thread:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...gram-key-fobs/
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, Go Bruins
Old 01-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Open and close the drivers side door 6 times ?? I havent a clue but this struck me as odd.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
I mean the key itself not the key fob.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
2011 TRD Sport is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
2011 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Won't work on a 2007 that has a different chip set. You must have a scan tool. Locksmith like myself have them and charge less than the dealer in most cases.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2009 and this does not work. Dealer wants to charge 95.00. Any ideas?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrugia View Post
I have a 2009 and this does not work. Dealer wants to charge 95.00. Any ideas?
are you trying to program the key or fob?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
They key, I already did the new fob.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
fjm0008 has a spectacular aura aboutfjm0008 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jack
fjm0008's Tacoma Gallery
You need a locksmith or the dealer. Also, some Home Depots and Ace Hardware stores (some) can clone the key. Ace wanted 75.00.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #12

dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a blank online for 25 and got I cut by a locksmith. Just need it programmed.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #13
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMR View Post
I mean the key itself not the key fob.
Is this an option?
I just went out and started my '08 RC Base with a basic cut key... absolutely no chip, it's an aftermarket key with no plastic/rubber.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #14

dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea. Mine won't start with the new one. It has the chip that has to be programmed.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #15
fjm0008 has a spectacular aura aboutfjm0008 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jack
fjm0008's Tacoma Gallery
Rich, the regular cab base came with the transponder optional. Which means none of them are activated unless you pay extra.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting they would do that... but I'm glad I don't have to deal with it.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
kertaco is on a distinguished road
kertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Programming ECU for a new key

Found these instructions for 05,06 Tacoma and wondering if anyone has tried them?

Add Duplicate Key:

1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.

2. Insert existing master key into ignition. Do not turn the key from the OFF (LOCK) position.

3. Within 15 seconds of inserting the key, depress and release the accelerator pedal five times.

4. Within 20 seconds of completing the above step, depress and release the brake pedal six times and

remove the key.

5. Within 10 seconds, insert the new key into the ignition.

6. Within 10 seconds, depress and release the accelerator pedal one time.

7. After 80 seconds the new key is registered and the security light will go off.

8. Remove new key and depress and release the brake pedal 1 time.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
See Seric's thread on programming for a new transponder key with the key maker from fleabay, or I can say from personal experience that a Snap-on solus ultra scanner with the latest software level can also program for new transponder keys. You could find an independant shop in your area that has on maybe, and have them program it. You must have at least one good "master" key (black transponder key) to do either option though.

The 2nd gen tacomas cannot program for new transponder keys with any of the other procedures mentioned in this thread.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #19
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribing.

My '14 has a key, fob, and redundant anti theft device. Three things on my key chain I'd love to condense to one.