Keep it the way it is... or upgrade

View Poll Results: Keep it, Upgrade?
Leave it 33 57.89%
Toytech / UCA's / AAL 16 28.07%
Other 8 14.04%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it the way it is... or upgrade

So, I'm trying to decide whether or not to upgrade my suspension or leave it the way it is. I have 5100's @ .85/ eibachs. In theory I should have 2.45" but with the bumper I feel like I have much less. The rear only has the tsb. The truck sits pretty much exactly level but I had some rubbing with the new 285's. I already cut the cab mounts and it hasn't rubbed on the road but I am worried about on the trails. My thoughts on an upgrade would be 1.5 AAL and toytech adjustable coil overs with uniball UCA's. Thoughts?

My goal is to get a smoother ride on and off road and not produce any new problems. Thanks!

Old 01-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
What bumper is that you have?

I've got your same set up, up front. With a 2 inch AAL. I've been looking to get a full 3 inches out of the front. And add a plate bumper. An option you can do is get small spacers from toytec to achieve a full 3 inches up front. Obviously new UCAs are a very good idea at that point, as u mentioned.

It would be a cheaper way to go initally, and see if you like it.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's the old All Pro sprayed with line-x. I thought about that route, but I am worried about making the ride really rough by preloading even more. Anyway, thanks for the input. I have some time to decide.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Snoyota will become famous soon enoughSnoyota will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Taylor
Snoyota's Tacoma Gallery
King coilovers with resi's and total choas UCAs up front, king shocks with resi's in back and dakar leaf springs. Smoother ride than stock gives, 3 1/2 inches of lift and you can fit 285s with no trimming. A little pricey but worth every dime
Old 01-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Sell me your bumper and that'll help with te sagging a little bit.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
So many b!tches, so little time...now back to TW!!
crazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant future

Name: ErIc
crazyrzr85's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is gorgeous as is, wish my BSP looked like that!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
Shut up Hippie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Sell me your bumper and that'll help with te sagging a little bit.
ha. I had it for sale on here before the LineX. Looked pretty crappy with the factory "powder coat" The guys did a great job making it look like new. But, it's staying on the truck now! sorry
Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I say sell the current lift setup and get OME 3" with 886 coils. Instead of using the AAL that comes with the lift get the Dakar leaf packs. IMO you'd be good to go with that and uniball UCA's like you want.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
ha. I had it for sale on here before the LineX. Looked pretty crappy with the factory "powder coat" The guys did a great job making it look like new. But, it's staying on the truck now! sorry
Had no idea. How
Much were you sellin it
For then?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Well, since you consider the change an "upgrade," suggesting you think it is somehow superior to what you have, you'll likely do it regardless of what anyone here says. With that in mind, I digress.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
Shut up Hippie!

Good idea... Are you running that set up? truck looks good.
It says no top plate spacer with 886's on toytec? I would just be worried about ending up with the same amount of lift up front with those.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #12

Firefighter:
I voted leave it. Looks sharp right now
Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
Shut up Hippie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Well, since you consider the change an "upgrade," suggesting you think it is somehow superior to what you have, you'll likely do it regardless of what anyone here says. With that in mind, I digress.
I do consider UCA's and adjustable coil overs an upgrade. Maybe I am wrong. But, thanks for your input.

I had it selling for 400. I found it on CL for the same price and almost decided to not fix it up.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #14
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoyota View Post
King coilovers with resi's and total choas UCAs up front, king shocks with resi's in back and dakar leaf springs. Smoother ride than stock gives, 3 1/2 inches of lift and you can fit 285s with no trimming. A little pricey but worth every dime

you'll also blow your CV boots, and have no travel

OP, how much use will this setup be getting? If you need the clearance I'll add to the OME setup, but if it's mainly for looks, I say leave it... It's sexy as is
Old 01-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
Shut up Hippie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
you'll also blow your CV boots, and have no travel

OP, how much use will this setup be getting? If you need the clearance I'll add to the OME setup, but if it's mainly for looks, I say leave it... It's sexy as is
I try to make it out to the mountains at least a few times a month. I try to keep from doing anything crazy that will cause damage. But, with that said I do plan on keeping the truck for a long time so I don't wanna change anything unless it's worth the time / money. I figure I already have the 5100's which is why I thought about the toytec rather than a brand new resi-set up.

Thanks for all the input thus far everyone.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the 885 coils because I don't have a bumper like yours and not running the top plate spacer with my 885s. Thanks man!
It's not needed to run the top plate spacer when running the 886s because they are a tad bit thicker than the other 2. The 886 coil's are designed for bumpers like yours, so your front end wont sag considerably.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #17
Shut up Hippie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrzr85 View Post
That thing is gorgeous as is, wish my BSP looked like that!!!
Thanks, but looks can be deceiving. She has the fair share of dings and scratches from branches and general truck use.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
It's the old All Pro sprayed with line-x. I thought about that route, but I am worried about making the ride really rough by preloading even more. Anyway, thanks for the input. I have some time to decide.
You won't be preloading the springs w/ the toytec spacers. They go on top top of the strut.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #19
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I'd leave it the same height, but go with this: http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...d-Stage-2.html

Or this if you wanna go all out: http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...d-Stage-4.html
Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
I say leave it. It looks good the way it is already