Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

07 Prerunner ?'s

Old 07-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
Devine is on a distinguished road
Devine's Tacoma Gallery
07 Prerunner ?'s

I've always wanted a Tacoma and well its about time I get myself one I've read a lot of posts on this forums and else where and learned a lot about different options and what not and I've narrowed down exactly what I want for the most part but still have a couple of questions. I want a 07 Prerunner Access Cab TRD Off-Road V6 manual 2WD with maybe VSC and DRL. But thatís where I start getting confused, there doesnít seem to be a lot of info on VSC or I just canít find any. I've searched the forums about it and thereís not much besides a post or two saying that Toyota is redoing it so does anybody know anything about that. Another ? is I've contacted a few dealerships for quotes and it seems like every truck they quote has the 6 disc cd changer and towing package but not VSC even though I tell them I want it. Is the towing package and 6 disc upgrade going to be pretty much standard and I just need to shut up and color and drop the extra money for that? Also with it being so close to the 08's is there any reason to wait for them especially when I can get some good deals because they're trying to get rid of the 07's? Thanks for any and all help.

Cliffs:
Purchasing 07 Prerunner Access Cab TRD Off-Road V6 manual 2WD
Whatís up with VSC?
Towing pkg + 6 disc cd changer standardish?
Wait for 08's?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
I am not 100% sure but I was under the impression that the VSC was only available with the automatic trans, so if you are dead set on the manual tranny then that may not be an option for you. Perhaps someone else will have more definitive information on that.

As far as the towing package and 6 disc cdplayer go. They come grouped with the TRD package atleast in the northeast US, though toyota does different builds in different areas so depending on your dealership's desire to sell a truck, your willingness to tolerate it having some miles on the clock when it gets to you, or your desire to purchase outside your home market and then drive it home may enable you to get it exactly how you want it. Go to Toyota.com and build you truck several times using different zip codes from throughout the country to see what is available where.

Hope to be of help,

Later
Old 07-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
flyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flyman767's Tacoma Gallery
First off... welcome to the forum. I know when I did my research on the Tacoma it can be frustrating to find the info your looking for. The vehicle you are looking at is identical to mine with the exception of the 6 speed. Keep this in mind: most dealers want your money as soon as they can get it; therefore, this is probably why they are telling you to should just accept options/features that are included on stock vehicles that you may or may not want. They want you to commit now and they know if you walk out the door there's a good chance you won't come back.

I personally could not find the exact color/option configuration. I therefore, ended up 'special ordering' my vehicle with the exact options that I wanted and not what a dealer told me I should have.

As far as the VSC, I have it and it works exceptionally well. Some will say, just get 4WD and be careful; however; if you understand the technology of VSC, even the best driver is not able to apply individual wheel braking(as VSC does) in a split nano second preventing a driver from losing control. Here is another bonus when ordering VSC: You get a auto limited slip differential that works in conjunction with VSC. When you order the TRD package you get a differential locker when off-roading. When the locker is engaged, VSC is automatically disengaged. Therefore; TRD with VSC, you get the best of both worlds. VSC when operating on slippery highways(prevents spin out) and the locker when off-roading(traction). Starting in 07', all VSC equipped vehicle's have a on/off switch if you would prefer to turn the system off. The DRL's are required when ordering VSC(part of the reg'd package). Here is a video that Toyota has developed with Bosch describing how VSC works:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vi...e3ce105.689691

As far as the 2008 models, based on past Toyota decisions on model year changes, highly unlikely any significant improvements or major changes. Maybe some small cosmetically enhancements. Just to give you an idea, when I decided to wait in 06' for an 07'; the earliest the dealer was able to do a 'special order' (this was the earliest time Toyota would accept) was late October. The vehicle was delivered in mid December. Good luck in finding or ordering your new Tacoma.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #4
flyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flyman767's Tacoma Gallery
It can very confusing to interrupt at times but here is the breakdown of Toyota's ordering codes with respect to VSC:

MANUFACTURE CODE VD: VSC w/traction control (base model's SR5)

MANUFACTURER CODE VF: VSC w/traction control, auto limited slip,
w/downhill assist(req's TRD or Sport pck)

However, either code can be ordered with an Auto or Manual tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
I am not 100% sure but I was under the impression that the VSC was only available with the automatic trans, so if you are dead set on the manual tranny then that may not be an option for you. Perhaps someone else will have more definitive information on that.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
All i know, is that i knew exactly what i wanted and told the dealers i went to if they couldn't match it down to the tiniest detail not to waste my time or theirs. Don't settle for what the dealer has in stock or for something "close" to what you want. if you have your mind made up then be firm but also be willing to wait. I had to wait a while but it was worth it having exactly what i wanted
Old 07-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Don't settle for what the dealer has in stock or for something "close" to what you want. if you have your mind made up then be firm but also be willing to wait. I had to wait a while but it was worth it having exactly what i wanted
agreed. i called the toyota dealership near me when i was in iraq and told them exactly what i wanted and they swindled w/ another dealership that was getting this single truck in the entire southeast. it was going to alabama, but got it turned over to SC and it arrived the week after i got back from iraq.