Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Maintenance Suggestions

Old 01-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
Maintenance Suggestions

Hey guys, gonna do some maintenance on my truck and want to make sure I'm covering everything and want to know if im missing anything or if you guys suggest anything else that I do.

BTW I have a 2009 Tacoma Access Cab with the v6 4.0 Manual transmission with around 60,000 Miles

Also if you guys have some experience and preference with certain products that would be great!!!

What I am going to do:

>Front and Rear Differential and Transfer Case Oil Change:
-5 quarts 75W-90 gear oil

>Manual Transmission Oil Change:
-3 Quarts Redline MT-90 (75W-90) Gear Oil

>Oil Change:
-5.5 Quarts 5W-30 Valvoline Full Synthetic
-Mobil 1 filter or OEM Filter

>MAF Sensor:
-MAF Sensor Cleaner (Not sure what brand is good??)

>TB Cleaning:
-TB and Intake Cleaner (Not sure what brand is good??)

>Air Filter:
-Usually get a fram but would like to get something better...
SUGGESTIONS???

>In-Cabin Air Filter:
-Going to build the washable/re-usable one

>Spark Plugs:
-Denso plugs

>Grease Zerks:
-What type of grease you guys recommend?

>Brake Fluid:
-DOT3

>Coolant:

>Power Steering Fluid:

>Rotate Tires:

That is all I have for now, what I am missing and what products do you guys recommend on those services??

Thanks in advance Guys and Gals of TW
Old 01-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Unless I'm blind, you left out the most important piece of information : YOUR MILEAGE

Follow the intervals recommended by Toyota - that's all you need.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortech View Post
Unless I'm blind, you left out the most important piece of information : YOUR MILEAGE

Follow the intervals recommended by Toyota - that's all you need.
Good point, figured I would take care of everything that im able to so i dont have to over pay the dealership for stuff that i can do!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
danimal92sport has much to be proud ofdanimal92sport has much to be proud ofdanimal92sport has much to be proud ofdanimal92sport has much to be proud ofdanimal92sport has much to be proud ofdanimal92sport has much to be proud ofdanimal92sport has much to be proud ofdanimal92sport has much to be proud ofdanimal92sport has much to be proud ofdanimal92sport has much to be proud of
danimal92sport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post
Also if you guys have some experience and preference with certain products that would be great!!!

Air Filter:
-Usually get a fram but would like to get something better...
SUGGESTIONS???
Old 01-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Plugs
Old 01-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

At 60K if they have never been done.....just replace them with the Denso's
Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #11

Do you have 4wd?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #13

If you have 4wd grease the zerk fittings. What about changing your cabin air filter.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #17
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post
Yes 4WD. And is the rear diff same gear oil as front diff? And how much does the rear diff take?
Just add until it comes out of the fill plug.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #18

Grease your drive shafts.....check out this link. Differential step by step
Old 01-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
cjthedj is on a distinguished road
Name: Chadd
cjthedj's Tacoma Gallery
The cabin air filter most people don't know exists but I change mine every few months and my 06 with 300k still smells good inside. Sounds anal but.. Everytime I change it there's a world of difference