1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Relocating the sharkfin

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Monkeyboy, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jan 21, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Junction, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC TRD Sport
    It occurs to me in planning my roof rack that the sharkfin is in sort of an inconvenient place because it will be obscured or interfered with by the rack.

I'd be willing to relocate it forward, but before I consider that, does anyone know what all might be required ?

Alternatively, are there aftermarket XM antennae known to work with the factory head unit ?

2. Jan 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    Monkeyboy

Member:
    Grand Junction, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC TRD Sport
    I guess I'll have to pull the ceiling off and see.

That's gonna wait for warmer weather.

3. Jan 22, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    platinumb

platinumb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR DC Supercharged
    supercharger, focal/jl audio sound system, trd cat back
    There is a hole in the roof under that thing yes you could take it off and move it but you will have to fill the hole in the roof.

4. Jan 25, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    Monkeyboy

Member:
    Grand Junction, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC TRD Sport
    That's pretty much what I thought. I've got to pull the ceiling anyway, so I'll see what I can do when I do - I was just hoping to be better prepared.

So it goes.

5. Oct 7, 2016 at 11:02 AM
    ColoradoPacific

ColoradoPacific Custom Title

Member:
    Centennial State
    Vehicle:
    Silver TuRD
    ***COMPLETED MODS*** SUSPENSION -Total Chaos UCAs -King 2.0" RR Coilovers w/650# springs -OME Dakar leaf pack -King 2.0" RR shocks -Archive Garage Shackle Flip -Front Range Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit DRIVETRAIN -URD Short Shifter ARMOR -Pelfreybilt Front Bumper, Steel -Pelfreybilt Full Skid Set, Aluminum -Adventure Off Road High Clearance Rear Bumper -Front Range Off Road E-Locker Skid LIGHTING -Rigid Dually Fog Lights -Rigid 40" SR-2 -Rigid SRQ Backup Lights -AntiDark Underhood LED Strip ACCESSORIES -Safari snorkel -SLEE dual battery tray w/ 2x Interstate MT7-75DT -BajaRack -Custom Bed Rack (Adventure Off Road) -Rubber bed mat (Toyota) -Fender flare delete -Center console 120V outlet -Center Console Vault (TruckVault) -CB Radio -Ham Radio -YETI Bottle Opener -WaterPort shower system -MaxTrax -Hi Lift ***FUTURE MODS*** Re-gear to 4.56 Nitto Ridge Grappler 35s Magnusson Supercharger VIAIR onboard air system 20 gal aux fuel tank
    Is the shark fin used for anything other than satellite radio & GPS? (I don't use either of those features, so I'm considering ripping it out and using the existing hole for HAM antenna and cables to lights)

Products Discussed in

To Top