1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No More 2007 DBL cab TRD sport Tacoma's in Canada with maual transmission

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sgoveas, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Jul 5, 2007 at 10:05 PM
    sgoveas

sgoveas [OP] Member

Member:
    I ordered my Tacoma back in May and was told that they're having a hard time finding one with a manual transmission so they'll have to order it. Today the dealer called me and said that they will not be producing anymore 2007's and if i wouldn't mind waiting a little longer he'll order a 2008!!!!! same price, same financing rate!! won't arrive till october though.................

2. Jul 6, 2007 at 8:03 AM
    flyman767

flyman767 Well-Known Member

Member:
    If the past is any indication of the future, Toyota will not produce an 08' at the earliest until late Oct/early Nov....Expect delivery date somewhere in mid December. I heard the same thing, I was told to expect the new year models to be available for 'special order' in October. However, the earliest Toyota would even accept 'a special order' was early November. My vehicle was delivered Dec.15.

Unless Canada is different than the States, I wouldn't have high hopes for a new 08' Taco in October. Sorry, not trying to burst your bubble, but I would think in Canada the lag time might even be a bit longer than that.

Can you try another dealer? I find it hard to believe there aren't anymore dbl/sport/6M in Canada.

3. Jul 6, 2007 at 6:30 PM
    sgoveas

sgoveas [OP] Member

Member:
    Tried 2 other dealers in the GTA no luck, they said the same thing though, their orders apparenly go in by August and the first deliveries arrive by October. They said that they should be recieving the first 2008 Corrola's and Matrix's by Sept. You may be right though, but I hope not!!! Either way I can't wait.

anyone heard any news about changes for the 08 models?

Products Discussed in

To Top