Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The healing process....begins now

Old 01-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
Cobalt719 will become famous soon enoughCobalt719 will become famous soon enough

Cobalt719's Tacoma Gallery

Wow... at least it started back up.

They need to edit this emoticon for you
Old 01-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #22
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
wow glad youre ok!!

Not sure how hard your truck hit, but something as simple as realigning your tires isnt out of the question!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #23
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
The front diff breather is under the hood on the drivers side fender well looks like you escaped fairly unharmed. Also looks like the alternator may have stayed dry. Any underhod shots?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #24
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't hit hard at all. In fact, there really wasn't any impact. It was just really freakin deep water. I checked the fuse/relay box earlier and it's bone dry. I'm pulling the headlights later this afternoon.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #25
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
I'm also going to take this opportunity to get a few goodies like a legitimate tow strap. I've considered getting a snorkel before but I know they don't make one for our trucks. That does have me considering a relocation for the air intake though...
The Hilux one actually works quite well... I've got one on my truck.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #26
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I might have to investigate. However, I don't plan on getting into 4+feet of water on purpose again. I just want to be able to run the engine so I can try to get out if it happens due to a lapse in judgement again.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #28
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...n-ss170hf.html

I'm just gonna leave this here...
Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #29
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

I thought I'd remembered reading here a few times that they didn't make one for the 2nd gen. Good to know, thanks man.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #30
xxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to behold

xxaarraa's Tacoma Gallery
OP, glad to hear you are safe and car is safe. In hindsight, when you know everything turned out OK, you can have a laugh about it.

If you are trying to get somewhere, and have to cross water or go over rocks, I totally get it. I never understood offroading for the sake of offroading, with no destination or end goal, but that's just me.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #31
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'll check the ECU and I'll get some of that contact spray. I'm going to wash the engine bay first and then do the contact spray. Any particular connections I should make sure I do?

Just every connection that looks wet or could have gotten wet. Any of that dirty muddy water that gets in there could possibly corrode the contacts. If you can't find electrical contact cleaner, MAF sensor cleaner is the same stuff. Just named differently so people in the auto stores know exactly what to use.

A couple of other things people noted that's great ideas : differential fluid change, power steering fluid, lay under your truck and just inspect everything.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #32
Sounds Gooooood

Picked up the contact cleaner earlier. Gotta look up PS fluid change to see if that's something I can do myself. Never tried that before.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #34
Sounds Gooooood

Just looked at power steering flush info. Seems easy enough. I'll give it a shot later tonight.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #35
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
I never understood offroading for the sake of offroading, with no destination or end goal, but that's just me.
What?! Man we flat-landers have to go search this stuff out. We don't have beautiful mountain vistas or sandy beaches as destinations. Gotta go find some mud every now and then just to make sure the 4WD still works.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #36
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just looked at power steering flush info. Seems easy enough. I'll give it a shot later tonight.
The healing process....begins now-untitled.jpg
Old 01-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #37
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
glad to see you made it out without major issues, Hydrolocking sucks...... believe me.

The snorkel is a great idea, but if your doing that might also want to look at getting a marine fuse block.

When I hydrolocked I got all fluids replaced, its better to be safe then sorry. Also might want to think about checking all your grease nipples and seals for signs of leaks or damage. Also keep in mind that the wheel bearings do not like to be underwater
Old 01-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #38
Sounds Gooooood

Trip to O'rileys here in a sec...here's my list

Oil Filter
6qt Synthetic 5W30
Cabin Filter
Engine Air Filter
Spark Plugs
Power Steering Fluid (amount?)
Diff Fluid 75/90 3qt

Air filters and plugs just because it's time and I might as well cover all bases as long as I have my hands dirty.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #39
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Your alternator and starter will die soon if not sooner, we had a guy have a similar incident like you on the trails.

We fixed his in the parking lot, alternator didn't last 2 minutes after he dunked it in.
Woah, his looks like it had mulch in it!

I hope mine is ok. My engine bay didn't look even 1/4 that bad.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #40
Tookie is on a distinguished road

Tookie's Tacoma Gallery
Front wheel bearings, keep an eye on them... I believe they are
unit bearings (sealed) so there's not much you can do except
be aware that they were dunked.