Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

No Zirks on 05 Tacoma TRD off road 2wd??

Old 01-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Paczowski123 is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Paczowski123's Tacoma Gallery
No Zirks on 05 Tacoma TRD off road 2wd??

So to make sure i am correct there are NO zirk fittings on the driveshaft for me to lube? Only 4wd's?
Old 01-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
That doesn't seem right... crawl under there and look. I don't know much about 2nd gens, but that seems weird. Get under there with a flashlight and take a look. I have a total of 8 (IIRC) on my driveshaft.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Only the 4wd trucks have them.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

Learn something new every day!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Read the manual.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post

Learn something new every day!
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
Read the manual.
In this case it wouldn't help since it isn't in there.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
WV150 is a jewel in the roughWV150 is a jewel in the roughWV150 is a jewel in the rough
WV150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The prerunner with the 4 cyl engine does but the prerunner V6 does not.And all 4X4s have them.Thats what my manual says.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Joey_Buttafuoco will become famous soon enoughJoey_Buttafuoco will become famous soon enough

Name: Fred
Joey_Buttafuoco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have another look, all u-joints need to be greased at some point, right?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
well i have looked and didnt see any and just making sure i was correct..do yall know whether the u-joints going bad is a common prob? I am right at 92K and getting a squeak/chirping noise thats rotational w/ the driveshaft?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 05 TRD Offroad Prerunner and I just recently replaced all my u-joints with greaseable ones at 135k miles. Driveline was extremely noisy and I was having shutters when accelerating, crawled under the truck to find half a u-joint cup gone and all others rusted and in bad shape. After replacing joints with greaseable ones and lubing them up, the driveline is smooth as glass.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
weird i must be having the exact same problems. I am having chirping/Super minor vibes and a shutter on takeoff as well. Looks like its time to get to my buddies shop and get those u-joints done.

btw 81.99 for toyota u-joints?!?!?!? EACH?!?! Thats what my local dealer told me today?!?!? I think ill take my chances w/ aftermarket servicable joints at 14.99 a piece for the HD ones.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paczowski123 View Post
weird i must be having the exact same problems. I am having chirping/Super minor vibes and a shutter on takeoff as well. Looks like its time to get to my buddies shop and get those u-joints done.

btw 81.99 for toyota u-joints?!?!?!? EACH?!?! Thats what my local dealer told me today?!?!? I think ill take my chances w/ aftermarket servicable joints at 14.99 a piece for the HD ones.
I paid $20 a piece for the greaseable heavy duty ones from my local auto parts store.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Ambien......yeah well like me and my friends talk about saving 15$ per manufacture of the truck makes up for a whole lot in the long run for manufacturers. Especially when many see it as a light duty truck being 2wd and dont necessarily see it seeing much mud of off highway use.

But like u say a dumb oversight as well
Old 01-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by WV150 View Post
The prerunner with the 4 cyl engine does but the prerunner V6 does not.And all 4X4s have them.Thats what my manual says.
Really? That I didn't know.