1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Center Console Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by drtydru, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Jan 23, 2012 at 11:57 PM
    drtydru

drtydru [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Bucket seats, Variable speed wiper switch, 09 led Tail Lights, Satoshied front grill, DDM HIDs, Fog light install, Mud flaps removed, 1.5'AAL, Billie 1552, Toyotec front coilovers w/Billies, B.A.M.F welded sliders w/kickout,
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jan 24, 2012 at 4:15 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Got me stumped on this one .... what are the two "slots" for ... doesn't look like my '10 but things change.

3. Jan 26, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    drtydru

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Bucket seats, Variable speed wiper switch, 09 led Tail Lights, Satoshied front grill, DDM HIDs, Fog light install, Mud flaps removed, 1.5'AAL, Billie 1552, Toyotec front coilovers w/Billies, B.A.M.F welded sliders w/kickout,
    I have no clue if this will fit. I do love a challenge though. Pics to come once it arrives.

4. Jan 26, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    FoggyDesigns

FoggyDesigns Slowly succumbing to the mod bug...

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5 Access Cab
    Soon to come
    thats the center storage for the rear of the access cab. the slots are for the seat belt ends to go in when the seats are folded up

5. Jan 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    drtydru

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    You think the holes line up with the front storage compartment?

6. Jan 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    drtydru

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Maybe. Might be the same bolts to secure it. I have holes for the center console. Maybe they are close to the same dimensions.

7. Jan 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    I have a 2010 and I went and took this pic for you. For some reason, to me that one looks different from mine.

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Jan 26, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    drtydru

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Thank you and yes, that does look very different. All I am really hoping for is that I can bolt it up and not have to cut it up to much. I was looking at the whole center console that goes all the way to the shifter but my truck has almost no extra room as it is. Im really hoping this fits without to much modification.

9. Feb 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    drtydru

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    So I got this in the mail. It fits...barely, and will need some sort of custom base made, but it fits!! Im thinking some sort of 2x4/plywood set up wrapped in some grey vinyl. It looks perfect though. Ill post pics tomorrow.

10. Feb 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem
    Im interested to see this.

11. Feb 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    drtydru

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Here we go. Like I said its just sitting in place now. Need to build an adapter to hold it in place. Of course, open to all feed back. I need to add about 3-4 inches in hight because it sits a little low just on the floor, and because of the odd shape of the console. Will probably place it a little more forward too.

Let me know what you think!!

Center 1.jpg
    Center 2.jpg
    Center 3.jpg
    Center 4.jpg
    Center 5.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top