Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Getting new rims, what king of lug nuts to get?

Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
Getting new rims, what king of lug nuts to get?

I am getting ballistic jester off road rims for my car, and I have no clue what lug nuts to get and where to get them. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelersoffroad.com is where Im getting mine from as of now.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
veet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the roughveet skeet is a jewel in the rough

veet skeet's Tacoma Gallery
Would those black acorn nuts on that website fit with the ballistic jester wheels?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
You got a picture of these wheels? Maybe contact whoever you are purchasing them from and ask if these nuts will work, but I'd imagine that lugnuts are pretty universal. I might be wrong though so hopefully someone else chimes in.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Okay ... I have got to ask ... when I bought my aftermarkets the company included lug nuts ... so, my question is ... isn't that the normal way of doing things ... not to bust on anyone ... just a bit confused
Old 01-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
Okay ... I have got to ask ... when I bought my aftermarkets the company included lug nuts ... so, my question is ... isn't that the normal way of doing things ... not to bust on anyone ... just a bit confused
Yeah me to. They asked if I wanted black or chrome. Thought they just came standard with new wheels.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
UH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the roughUH60Hwkdrvr is a jewel in the rough

Army: Helicopter Pilot
UH60Hwkdrvr's Tacoma Gallery
RIMS do not need lug nuts, but WHEELSs do! If you're confused, look up the definition of both.

Contact the seller and ask this question. If they can't provide the requested info, take your business elsewhere.

M.A.C.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure most steel wheels use the tapered acorn style lug nuts. Aluminum/ alloy wheels use the straight shank style (not sure what the nickname is).
Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH60Hwkdrvr View Post
RIMS do not need lug nuts, but WHEELSs do! If you're confused, look up the definition of both.
Not to get into racial vernaculars but "rims" and "wheels" are interchangeable.