Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket Navigation Options

Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
TwoTacos is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
TwoTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket Navigation Options

I want to put in an aftermarket navigation, but I want it to look factory. I notice Ebay has these three models but i'm not sure if they're any good or not. Has anybody installed any of the three models shown below? I need the following options:

1) XM Satellite Radio (I belive all these units are only XM/Sirius ready, you have to buy the additional tuner)
2) IPOD Interface
3) Bluetooth handsfree for my phone

If anybody has anything else they recommend please post, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Aftermarket Navigation Options-nav1.jpg   Aftermarket Navigation Options-nav2.jpg   Aftermarket Navigation Options-nav-3.jpg  
Old 01-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
The "Wet" Coast
pjo is on a distinguished road

pjo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTacos View Post
I want to put in an aftermarket navigation, but I want it to look factory. I notice Ebay has these three models but i'm not sure if they're any good or not. Has anybody installed any of the three models shown below? I need the following options:

1) XM Satellite Radio (I belive all these units are only XM/Sirius ready, you have to buy the additional tuner)
2) IPOD Interface

I would look into what map program they're using. You'll want to make sure it's updateable with a reliable vendor. They can get out of date pretty quickly.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Rosen info: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ighlight=rosen

There is also other info in there. The unit in the 3rd picture is junk according to one member.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
The third one is the unit made by Caska. Here is an in-depth review by a member over on TN. I think I'm going to get the Rosen unit.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...at-deal-4.html
Old 01-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
auburn taco will become famous soon enoughauburn taco will become famous soon enough
Name: kevin
auburn taco's Tacoma Gallery
correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by spithead051 View Post
The third one is the unit made by Caska. Here is an in-depth review by a member over on TN. I think I'm going to get the Rosen unit.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...at-deal-4.html
1st unit is caska second is either rosen or rosen clone, not sure on the 3rd but they are all available on ebay.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
let me know what you end up getting and what you think!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Rosen and I like it.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:39 AM   #9

I need to know a couple things before I buy the Rosen DS-TY1090-P11. I tried calling a dealer and they couldn't help me, my questions are:

- Are the maps upgradable? How do you upgrade them?
- Do the maps include Canada? I'm from Winnipeg, MB. so it's important that they work.
- Where do I get the Sirius Sat Tuner (Model # DP-1097)?

Can someone that has the Rosen please answer these questions as best as you can? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I need to know a couple things before I buy the Rosen DS-TY1090-P11. I tried calling a dealer and they couldn't help me, my questions are:

- Are the maps upgradable? How do you upgrade them?
- Do the maps include Canada? I'm from Winnipeg, MB. so it's important that they work.
- Where do I get the Sirius Sat Tuner (Model # DP-1097)?

Can someone that has the Rosen please answer these questions as best as you can? Thanks in advance!
Have you tried contacting Rosen?
Old 01-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #11

Yes I did, by phone and email. All I get is the standard email back...

"Thank you for your interest in Rosen Entertainment Systems. To better assist you, please contact your local Rosen dealer. To locate a dealer near you, please visit Rosen's web site at www.rosenentertainment.com and click on the Mobile Video Dealer Locator.

Thank you for contacting
Rosen Entertainment Systems
Consumer Relations Department"

I talked to a couple dealers and they seem to think the maps work in Canada, but they weren't 100%. I don't want to spend the money to find out later that Canada is not supported.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #12
Banned
Wow. I don't live Canada but this is a lack of support for the second time. I really don't think I want one at all now.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #13

Can somebody that has the Rosen DS-TY1090-P11 please look at their nav and see if you can see Canada on the map?? I tried multiple dealers and they all can't help me, this is crazy.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
ottonavigps is on a distinguished road
ottonavigps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes I did, by phone and email. All I get is the standard email back...

"Thank you for your interest in Rosen Entertainment Systems. To better assist you, please contact your local Rosen dealer. To locate a dealer near you, please visit Rosen's web site at www.rosenentertainment.com and click on the Mobile Video Dealer Locator.

Thank you for contacting
Rosen Entertainment Systems
Consumer Relations Department"

I talked to a couple dealers and they seem to think the maps work in Canada, but they weren't 100%. I don't want to spend the money to find out later that Canada is not supported.
I hate to sound like im just trying to sell a product but we dont only sell head units. We sell headunits with tech support and extensive customer support. You can actually call us directly for tech support or simply for updated maps. We believe being interactive with customers are key. In addition are pricing is almost nearly half of Rosen and our units have the same if not more features.

Here are some pictures

www.ottonavi.com
Old 01-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #15
You guys can actually CALL us and speak with a TECH directly for any issue you may occur. Many other companies require you email and then you wait a day or two for a response that doesn't help.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Have you tried contacting Rosen?
Are units are not SIRI ready,

but maps are NORTH AMERICA (USA/Canada). We provide free updates for our customers. Simply email us and we send you a link. In addition, you get one year warranty...

Just out of curiosity how much is it for a Rosen unit exactly with shipping and taxes if any?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #17
neophyte
John BIG will become famous soon enoughJohn BIG will become famous soon enough
Name: mann
John BIG's Tacoma Gallery

I just got the 1st one... Yes it's Caska. Installed it last night. It was working pretty good so far. Everything is included, plug and play as how they say it...

Quote:

2) IPOD Interface

Old 02-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #18
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by John BIG View Post

I just got the 1st one... Yes it's Caska. Installed it last night. It was working pretty good so far. Everything is included, plug and play as how they say it...
Any pics of the CASKA installed? I have the Rosen.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #19
neophyte
John BIG will become famous soon enoughJohn BIG will become famous soon enough
Name: mann
John BIG's Tacoma Gallery
I'll post some over the weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
Any pics of the CASKA installed? I have the Rosen.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #20
bass mechanic has a spectacular aura aboutbass mechanic has a spectacular aura about
bass mechanic's Tacoma Gallery
do any of these units offer Pre amp out puts? how many volts and how many pairs?