Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show me frame welds for your sliders!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Oysterhead is on a distinguished road
Oysterhead's Tacoma Gallery
Show me frame welds for your sliders!

Lots and lots of pictures on here of weld-on sliders, but only a few close-ups of the welds to the frame.

I'm about to install my 4xinnovations sliders, and want to get some ideas.

I know some people put the plate in diamond orientation, other square, others like lots of angles.

Also want to see the weld along the bottom of the frame.

Thank you!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a closeup of my Stubbs SKO-HD's just after they were welded on. Hope it helps...

Old 01-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pretty good shot of mine on the second page of my gallery. iPhone won't let me
Copy and paste it for some reason so if someone doesn't mind doing it for me...
Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
I have a pretty good shot of mine on the second page of my gallery. iPhone won't let me
got it
Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
EDIT: pineapple beat me to it.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Good thread :thumbsup

I'm getting ready to weld my 4x innovations sliders on my truck too. Sadly they've been sitting since before christmas because I haven't had the time.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys rep sent
Old 01-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #8
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have a pic of the last one towards the rear. I have a dc lb and it looks like the leg has to be welded at an angle for it to support the rear
Old 01-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
Ultimate TRD
fireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireman_343 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Brian
fireman_343's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed
Old 01-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma89 View Post
anyone have a pic of the last one towards the rear. I have a dc lb and it looks like the leg has to be welded at an angle for it to support the rear
yep, this hung me up, too. I'd love to see some pics.

The only one I've found is this pic of the bolt ons...I think it will help to also angle/turn the plate to match the line of the frame.

Also, the gussets will be tricky. There are none in the pic below.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #11
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

might have to make some custom gussets, but that pic helps me. thanks +rep for you cause i have been looking for that pic for awhile
Old 01-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #12
I've already learned a few lessons:

1. Weld the leg very close to the bottom of the plate (gusset on top of course). If you don't, there's no way you'll be able to clear the pinch weld.

2. The rear legs are mounted at an angle because the frame goes up (which is why they're longer). At this angle the gussets provided don't work unless you grind them down and put underneath instead of on top. You have to grind the end of the rear legs to an angle. Note: you could mount the rear legs straight to the frame like the other 3 pairs, but this would leave a long span of slider at the rear with minimal support (i.e., likely to bend).
Old 01-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
Money Pit

great pointers
Old 01-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you asked for this...looks like i need to put a little fresh paint in one small little spot...

Old 01-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's another...I know what I'm doing next weekend...

Old 01-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Clamp 'em on and stack some fucking nickels!

FWIW, these were welded on by the same guy who welded 'em together, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #17
Nice pics.

I decided to cut my square plates to add some angles/strength (as opposed to mounting with a diamond orientation). To allow ample clearance for the pinch weld, you can see how close the leg needs to be to the edge of the plate.

Also measured and marked the sliders and prepped them for paint.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #18
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
Continued painting process.

I hate the tip on Rustoleum Hammered paint.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #20
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Just the tip. Just for a second. Just to see how it squirts.