Notices

Road Armor Bumpers

Old 07-07-2007, 06:29 AM   #1
tundra03 is on a distinguished road
tundra03's Tacoma Gallery
Road Armor Bumpers

Toyota Tundra/Tacoma Bumpers!!

Group buy in August!

Then Tell her to put you down for the Group buy through Tundrasolutions.com.

This way you can save $500. Call and ask Natalie to put you down for the group buy. And give her your contact info.

Info is in the 1st gen Road armor thread. And the Link to prices/options/colors, everything!!!!!!!

If you like it , this is the time to buy.

If you don't like it.... Fine. What do I care.

All I am saying is.... I'm helping anyone and everyone wanting this chance to own this bumper and to save serious cash for yourself and to take away from the dealers selling Road armor bumpers for more.

This is a group buy directly through the company.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure what these bumpers look like, anyone around here know anything about them?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i went to the website and tracked them down. they look kinda mad max-ish to me. i would rather get either a clean looking bull or brush guard
Old 07-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have any links to any pictures?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.roadarmor.com/ra3/nissan.html
Old 07-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #6
OSUChaseNuts is on a distinguished road
OSUChaseNuts's Tacoma Gallery
Dang those are certified zombie killers.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #7

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Those don't look to bad, i kinda like 'em..... not enough to buy them but i dont think they look bad
Old 07-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #8
isusww is on a distinguished road
isusww's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to look into the weight. I'd hate to drive around with an extra 500-800 lbs on the truck
Old 07-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #9

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isusww View Post
I am going to look into the weight. I'd hate to drive around with an extra 500-800 lbs on the truck
yeah they do look heavy as hell. you'd have to do something to your front suspension too keep it from drooping too low if they are too heavy
Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #10

nd's Tacoma Gallery
although if you wanted to you could clear a cow from the railroad tracks
Old 07-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #11
isusww is on a distinguished road
isusww's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
although if you wanted to you could clear a cow from the railroad tracks
Yes indeed. I could also get some cab mounted air horns from horn blasters to create a regular traffic clearing machine! Add some bullet proof glass to the list too
Old 07-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #12
Asian Guy With A Tacoma
driven_ is on a distinguished road

driven_'s Tacoma Gallery
imo, they look like razorblades on a teddybear.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #13

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven_ View Post
imo, they look like razorblades on a teddybear.
comparing your taco to a teddy bear is pretty insulting to your truck. I hope you are man enough to apologize to your tacoma. If i had to compare my taco to something i would compare it to a pissed off badger/couger hybrid mutant with bowie knives ducked taped to its feet..... now thats a comparison!!!

Although i do kinda agree, the bumber style is much more angled and aggressive than the trucks body design. I'm having a hard time deciding if i like it or not. i think i do.... but maybe i dont....
Old 07-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #14
Asian Guy With A Tacoma
driven_ is on a distinguished road

driven_'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
comparing your taco to a teddy bear is pretty insulting to your truck. I hope you are man enough to apologize to your tacoma. If i had to compare my taco to something i would compare it to a pissed off badger/couger hybrid mutant with bowie knives ducked taped to its feet..... now thats a comparison!!!

Although i do kinda agree, the bumber style is much more angled and aggressive than the trucks body design. I'm having a hard time deciding if i like it or not. i think i do.... but maybe i dont....

i mean like. i love my taco like a kid loves his teddy bear. you know? its perfect. and you dont want a cuddly toy to be evil.
no kid likes an evil teddybear unless they were dropped on their head.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:05 AM   #15
tundra03 is on a distinguished road
tundra03's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't checked back in awhile but look in the link . Check out my gallery at Tundrasolutions:
Check out post #4 here on the link to the other website for ALL the details , size, construction materials such as where they use 1/4" and the 3/16ths steel in some places, weight concerns, colors, options, max winch size that can be used. as this has all been addressed, It doesn't weigh 500+ lbs more like 95-110 max! with guards. It has been weighed and 95 lbs base bumper and 110 with the guards added.

I have checked into all this information directly with the company Road Armor. All information again is available here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...s-tacomas.html
Old 07-15-2007, 08:33 AM   #16
Warner is on a distinguished road
Warner's Tacoma Gallery
About Road Armor

I noticed someone said Road Armor did not "look clean" and they'd rather have a bull bar or something that looks clean.

This may be so, but there is little comparison. I was once working on an oil rig and a "coon ass" crew (that's what they call um) showed up after driving iced roads. They had a Road Armor front and a windshield protector grill that stood out from the windshield a few inches allowing the wipers to work.

The whole front half of the jeep (or blazer, I'm not exactly sure what it was) was red. They did not even try to stop for the deer, they just drove through them at 60 mph. There were some dents on the hood (which may have already been there), but other than that the vehicle was unscathed.

I certainly don't advocate buying Road Armor to run down deer, but almost everyone I know has hit at least one dear if they work the areas that have dear for a year or more. Just a few months ago I saw over a thousand deer along a few miles of road in WY. Deer populations in many areas are out of control due to the lack of predators and the availability of water (caused by man). Often there is just nothing you can do, its icy and the dear come out of nowhere. Even with a heavy brush guard like a Ranchero there is usually damage, but with Road Armor if the dear does not come over the top (they have models which help prevent this) or snap around the side there will likely be no damage.

I don't have Road Armor, it costs $2000 or so and I don't work the areas with a lot of deer that often. But if I did I'd seriously consider it. Having a deer disable your vehicle when its -30 degrees can be a life threatening situation!

Oh, and yes they are heavy, but not as much as you'd expect. I believe the one for the Tundra (I own a Tundra) weighs about 125 lbs, and you loose some weight off the front when you remove the stock bumper (25 lbs?).
Old 07-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #17

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Tundra03, whether anyone ends up getting one or not i think its cool that you popped over to our forum with the offer. It's cool to have a liason (sp) between the Tacoma's and their older brother. Thanks again for all the info and the great offer! Feel free to stop by anytime and have a little dialogue with us

Warner, thanks for the input. I definately don't want to hit any animals but it would be nice knowing that if i did all i would need to do is wash my truck.... thuroughly. BTW, noticed its your first post, welcome to TW and keep on contributing!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #18
keynote22 is on a distinguished road
keynote22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Tundra03, whether anyone ends up getting one or not i think its cool that you popped over to our forum with the offer. It's cool to have a liason (sp) between the Tacoma's and their older brother. Thanks again for all the info and the great offer! Feel free to stop by anytime and have a little dialogue with us !
x's 2

Seems I have to type at least 10 letters to get a quote post. this ought to do it.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:12 PM   #19
Warner is on a distinguished road
Warner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Warner, thanks for the input. I definately don't want to hit any animals but it would be nice knowing that if i did all i would need to do is wash my truck.... thuroughly. BTW, noticed its your first post, welcome to TW and keep on contributing!
YW. I agree, I don't want to be hitting anything either. Was just commenting on the difference between Road Armor and a regular grill guard.

Probably won't post here much - I have a Tundra right now, and found this site when looking to see if there were any grill gaurds for the new Tundra. And, I will probably be upgrading to a Dodge truck soon. I love my Tundra, but 5000 lbs tow capacity just does not do the trick (yes 5000, that is the max printed on the bumper, even though Toyota advertises 7000). I figure the new Tundra can only actually do about 8000, and that is not enough. A properly configured Dodge/Chevy/Ford 3500 can do 15000+ lbs, and I need to buy a 5th wheel so tow capacity is critical.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:15 AM   #20

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner View Post
YW. I agree, I don't want to be hitting anything either. Was just commenting on the difference between Road Armor and a regular grill guard.

Probably won't post here much - I have a Tundra right now, and found this site when looking to see if there were any grill gaurds for the new Tundra. And, I will probably be upgrading to a Dodge truck soon. I love my Tundra, but 5000 lbs tow capacity just does not do the trick (yes 5000, that is the max printed on the bumper, even though Toyota advertises 7000). I figure the new Tundra can only actually do about 8000, and that is not enough. A properly configured Dodge/Chevy/Ford 3500 can do 15000+ lbs, and I need to buy a 5th wheel so tow capacity is critical.

Toyota quotes 10,000 lb towing capacity in all there commercials... what happened to that? With the engine output, plus the beefed up frame and components, there's no reason that truck shouldn't tow 10k lbs... unless maybe you got the small engine, i dont know. Either way if i had to tow alot i dont think i would go for the Tundra. so far i'm unimpressed but thats just me.