Notices

3" lift w/ 33" tires or 6" lift w/ 35" tires

View Poll Results: Lift and Tires
3" Lift w/ 33" Tires 232 74.84%
6" Lift w/ 35" Tires 53 17.10%
Save the money and buy stock in Apple 25 8.06%
Voters: 310. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2012, 07:22 AM   #281
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Few life changes led to it. Also the high cog always made me really nervous on those off camber situations. It just worked out better being lower.
gotcha.. glad it worked out for u as long as u like it thats what counts! looks great i loved the 6" look tho, haha
Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #282
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #284
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
i am curious what kind of clearance numbers the rcd guys are getting
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #285
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
i am curious what kind of clearance numbers the rcd guys are getting

Drop bracket lift. It'll be the same as the 6" guys if the tires are the same.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #286
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Drop bracket lift. It'll be the same as the 6" guys if the tires are the same.
yeah probably right but sometimes the rcd trucks look like they have more clearance for some reason. idk
Old 02-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #287
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
My truck, black one, has 265/75, so pretty much 31.6in. The white truck with the DB has 33in tires. I have no lift (on order, I cant wait!). I have the optional skid, just painted black, so I have that thin red line go slightly up beyond the skid to line up with the front diff. With out the skid, both would have pretty much the same diff clearances (assuming 4x4). I hadn't seen a side by side pic yet, and I was lucky enough to park next to a tacoma with a DB, perfect opportunity.
Attached Thumbnails
3" lift w/ 33" tires or 6" lift w/ 35" tires-fabtech-compare.jpg  
Old 02-13-2012, 02:20 AM   #288
Taco for life
Badassseabee is on a distinguished road
Navy: construction heavy equipment operator
Name: Josh
Badassseabee's Tacoma Gallery
Can you run a 16 inch rim on the second gens.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:24 AM   #289
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badassseabee View Post
Yes
Old 02-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #290
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badassseabee View Post
Yes.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #293
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
^^ agree, 6 inch lift with 33's, it looks a lot better
Old 02-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #294
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Let's not play games :D

Just kidding, I have 33's and 35's. I like the function of 33's but the looks of 35's

Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #295
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Don't listen to jay, he doesn't know what he's talking about ;D
Old 08-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #296
kills4kiks will become famous soon enoughkills4kiks will become famous soon enough

Name: Adam
kills4kiks's Tacoma Gallery
33" tires 3" lift

I just bought 33" BFG AT I have a 3" lift and 3" spacers ... What part of the fender do i need to cut to avoid rubing on turns? anyone done this before and whats the best tool to cut it out with

THANKS!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #297
hunterl21 is on a distinguished road
hunterl21's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a short bed? or long bed?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #298
whiptastic handling
FoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud of

Army: E-3
Name: Shamus
FoundOffRoadDead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
look at that articulation!

wtf happened?
that happened to me on the way back from the meet. but front tire.