LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LIFT or TRADE for a 2012?

View Poll Results: 6" Lift or Trade for a 2012?
Lift. 157 59.47%
Trade. 107 40.53%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #22
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Gahhh! You created a "non-expiring" poll!

After four months you're going to stop waffling, trade in on a 2012.

3 years later after the 2012 is paid off and the warranty's up you're going to be in the same shoes you are now, but you're going to choose the other way and apply a 6" fabtech lift.

You'll post up lots of pics and people will complement you on the look. 18 months later you'll post pics of the "deep stuck" you got in a gigantic mudhole hydrolocking the engine, and bending the frame during the extraction operation.

With the insurance money, you'll trade in on a new Subaru.

And people will *STILL* be voting in this poll...
X4746729294757 for sure. I don't know why we have an unlimited time poll option.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #23
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it and lift. Pay it off, save up money, and buy a house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
front end on 2012's looks like a sperm whale collecting plankton, just thought i'd throw that out there.
Sperm whales are predatory, toothed animals that eat giant squid. Blues, Grays, and Humpbacks are baleen whales that eat krill, which feeds on plankton. Just for clarification.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #24
Casey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud ofCasey05Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
anybody else starting to realize that a lot more members from hawaii are starting to pop up? or is that just me. I say lift what you have, even tho wizzard's 12 lifted looks pretty awesome
Old 01-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #25
tacoma07pre is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
tacoma07pre's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the 09, lift it and that will be the something "new" you are looking for. And since its paid off save money and buy a 3rd gen with cash when they come out. That is a win all the way around!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #26
Metalhead77 is a jewel in the roughMetalhead77 is a jewel in the roughMetalhead77 is a jewel in the rough

Metalhead77's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 09 dclb sport 4x4 in MGM.

I now have a 12 dclb sport 4x4 in nautical blue.

I had another vehicle in between those 2 and that's the reason for having the 12.

I vote keep what you have. It's paid off and the 12 is pretty much the same thing. The entune radio is sick but the 09 jbl system sounds the same just doesn't have the touch screen.

Wait till 3 rd gens come out and then upgrade. Go spend all those car payments that you'd be making on the 12 on yourself and family.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #27
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Lift her and give her life.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #28
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I don;t think the small miniscule changes they used on the 12s woul convince me or someone else to buy a 12, with an engine change coming in the neat future I would waitm personally. Excuse me I am slightly drunk while I'm typing this,
Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #29
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
like before lift 3 and 33"s. but hey if you want a six, go for it. its your truck. but trading it in for a 12, not if its already paid off.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #31
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
anybody else starting to realize that a lot more members from hawaii are starting to pop up? or is that just me.
lol it's about time that we see more Hawaii members. Hawaii is pretty much the world's Tacoma capital.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #32
Adjunct Anarchist
Papa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Radio Operator
Name: Papa Tac
Papa Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
front end on 2012's looks like a sperm whale collecting plankton, just thought i'd throw that out there.
Wha?
Oh, Saskatchewan, that explains it
Sperm whales and other toothed whales, or Odontocetes, like Orca and dolphins eat fish, other whales, seals and other prey.
Maybe you're thinking of Baleen whales, or Mysticetes, like Humpback, Blue, Fin or Right whales. They have that big under-bite and jaw, and filter plankton out of the seawater using hair-like bristles in their mouth called Baleen.

And I won't make jokes about Wheat

I used to lead Whale-watching tours - once saw a Humpback do a crap that would have filled an Olypmic-sized swimming pool.

Sorry for the thread-jack, OP. I'd suggest sticking with the '09, maybe wait til some real big changes in a later model year. But if you can afford it, and don't lose out on the deal, I'd say give her! You only come this way once!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #33
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
trade it.

better to learn life's money lessons early in life. make us proud!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #35
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADtaco09 View Post
Oh, I'm from Pahoa. I also go to UH! Haha
FBI!!! from kawaihae!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #36
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TRDTaco10 View Post
I'm from Waimea but going college at UH Hilo. What about you?
we should meet up sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TRDTaco10 View Post
lol it's about time that we see more Hawaii members. Hawaii is pretty much the world's Tacoma capital.
FINALLY. Been frickin waiting on more 808s and passing out TW cards on oahu...

Finally gettin more BI guys here
Old 02-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #37
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Shoots, I'm down, as long as I'm not working. Having a family farm business keeps us pretty busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADtaco09 View Post
Oh, I'm from Pahoa. I also go to UH! Haha
Cool cool, we should meet up one day man!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #39
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

Finally gettin more BI guys here
sorry kona couldnt pass up the opportunity now it's my signature
Old 02-08-2012, 05:10 AM   #40
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Lift what you have. The 12 is the same truck.
Speaks the truth! No way in hell I would trade in my 08 for a 12.

Products Discussed in this Thread